Chemical mist at Nitta Gelatin

The following statement was issued today by Nitta Gelatin:

TORONTO, Nov. 3, 2016 /CNW/ - At approximately 10:00 a.m. today there was a chemical mist reaction at Nitta Gelatin on 60 Paton Road in the area of Bloor Street and Lansdowne Avenue in Toronto. Chemicals, including sulphuric acid, were accidentally mixed together and the combination caused a chemical mist to fill the air.

Roads in the area have been reopened and we continue to work with local emergency response services to contain any damages and manage the clean-up. Only one area, belonging to the property of Nitta Gelatin, remains off limits at this time: the chemical loading area on the south-east end of the property. At this time, we have confirmed that there are no injuries, but eight people who were on site at the time of the incident have been taken to hospital as a precaution. The safety and well-being of our employees, contractors and neighbours of the immediate community is our first priority.

This is the first incidence of this kind in Nitta Gelatin's operational history. Nitta Gelatin followed all emergency protocol procedures and wants to thank Toronto Fire and EMS for their swift and efficient response.

 

SOURCE Nitta Gelatin

For further information: Andrea Ellison, Vice President, National Communications, Global Public Affairs, aellison@globalpublic.com

Organization Profile

Nitta Gelatin

More on this organization


Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

CNW Membership

Fill out a CNW membership form or contact us at 1 (877) 269-7890

Learn about CNW services

Request more information about CNW products and services or call us at 1 (877) 269-7890