- TSN's massive roster of championship events boost the network's average audiences 19% above its closest competitor in Q1 -
- TSN Digital platforms continue to be the top digital destination for sports in Canada -
To tweet this release: http://bit.ly/1SbqqaB
TORONTO, April 15, 2016 /CNW/ - TSN today announced its deep and diverse roster of championship events has positioned it as the most-watched specialty channel in the first quarter of 2016. According to data from Numeris*, TSN's average audience was 19% above that of its closest competitor during the period.
With more sought-after championship sports than any other broadcaster in Canada, TSN's strong ratings in the first quarter of 2016 are powered by the network's variety of world-class content, among them the NFL PLAYOFFS, Season of Champions Curling, including the TIM HORTONS BRIER and SCOTTIES TOURNAMENT OF HEARTS, the AUSTRALIAN OPEN, NCAA® MARCH MADNESS®, and the World Juniors. This year's World Juniors quarterfinal game between Canada and Finland (2.2 million viewers) remains the most-watched hockey game of Q1 2016 and the second most-watched hockey game on any network to date in the 2015-16 broadcast year.
Today's announcement comes on the heels of TSN delivering six championship events last week, including THE MASTERS, which attracted an average audience up 10% higher compared to last year's tournament.
In addition to being the leader in specialty audiences, TSN Digital platforms continue to be the top digital destinations for sports in Canada. According to the latest data available from comScore** for 2016, TSN Digital platforms have:
- Recorded 32% more unique visitors than its closest competitor
- Recorded 180% more page views than its closest competitor
- Recorded 5.5 million video views, outpacing TSN Digital's performance by 20% compared to the same period in 2015
Champions Live Here
TSN's strong performance across its television and digital platforms come in conjunction with TSN's ongoing multi-platform campaign, Champions Live Here, which is featured in heavy rotation across Bell Media's industry-leading TV, radio, digital, outdoor, and social platforms. The campaign underscores the unrivalled range of iconic championships that live on TSN, and the incomparable value that TSN's five national feeds deliver to subscribers.
Over the next 12 weeks, TSN's all-star roster of upcoming championship events includes:
- Europe's best players going head-to-head at his summer's highly-anticipated EURO 2016
- A battle of Europe's biggest club teams in the UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
- An unforgettable NBA season culminating with the NBA FINALS
- Team Canada hitting the ice at the IIHF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- The biggest stars in tennis competing in the FRENCH OPEN and WIMBLEDON
- The top players in golf competing in the U.S. OPEN championship
- Every Triple Crown horse race beginning with the KENTUCKY DERBY
- A slate of Hockey Canada championship events, including the WORLD UNDER-18 HOCKEY CHAMPIONSHIP and the ALLAN CUP
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Click here for a list of all TSN Twitter accounts
TSN is Canada's Sports Leader and #1 specialty network. With a broad portfolio of multimedia sports assets, Champions Live Here as TSN delivers world-class content across its industry-leading platforms including five national television feeds, TSN.ca, TSN GO, and TSN Radio stations across the country. With more championship events than any broadcaster in the country, TSN's deep and diverse roster of live sports programming includes the Grey Cup, IIHF World Junior Championship, Hockey Canada events, CFL, NFL, NBA, MLS, Toronto Maple Leafs, Ottawa Senators, Winnipeg Jets, Season of Champions Curling, FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro 2016, MLB, Barclays Premier League, Golf's Majors, NASCAR, F1, Grand Slam Tennis, NCAA March Madness, and Skate Canada and Rugby Canada events. TSN is a division of Bell Media, which is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company.
*Source: Numeris, P2+ AMA for TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5 and Sportsnet National, Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360 from the period of January 1-March 27, 2016
**Source: comScore Multi-Platform Media Metrix & Long Term Media Trend, Total Audience, October 2014-February 2016, Canada. Media include [S] TSN Sites and [C] Sportsnet Network.
- TSN -
For further information: Renee Rouse, (w) 416.384.7599, (c) 416.428.4807, email@example.com; Rob Duffy, (w) 416.384.5717, (c) 416.802.3319, firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @TSN_PR