New version offers sophisticated lifecycle management solution for performance-driven utilities
Stock Market Symbols
FAIRFAX, VA, Nov. 12, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - CGI (NYSE: GIB) (TSX: GIB.A) today announced the release of its Asset and Resource Management (ARM) 2 suite, a business solution providing electric, gas and water transmission and distribution utilities unparalleled organizational control over asset, work, resource and field processes and facilitating the collection and management of critical operational data. CGI designed ARM 2 as a uniquely purpose-built solution, allowing utilities with highly distributed equipment, facilities and workloads to work on the right assets at the right time, optimize replace/maintain strategies, unify business processes for all work and improve their regulatory compliance position.
Clients using the new version of ARM will realize the following benefits:
- Improved workforce utilization by advanced workforce scheduling
- Increased asset reliability via improved capital and maintenance investment strategies
- Elimination of organizational silos by providing a single platform for all work and assets
- Adherence to regulatory compliance by tracking and auto generating scheduled inspections and surveys
- Increased data quality and business analytics via fully integrated business processes
- Reduced IT costs by eliminating multiple disparate IT solutions requiring costly custom integration
According to CGI's Simon Boyer, Vice-President of Utilities Solutions, "ARM has evolved over more than 20 years and ARM 2 demonstrates CGI's ongoing commitment to helping leading utility companies optimize existing operations and support the ongoing transition to a modernized grid. ARM 2 is built for utilities requiring a flexible and cost effective solution which can be deployed as a fully integrated platform or as individual components to enhance existing IT investments."
New modules introduced in ARM 2 are:
- Asset Investment Planner for optimizing and justifying future spending, based on pre-defined asset investment models
- InTouch for improved workflow process efficiency and interaction with work operations from any location
- Field Manager Lite for simple field service work data collection using any mobile device
- Spatial for sophisticated mapping functions, including map display details, layers, callout details, objects, proximity search and more.
ARM 2 aligns with CGI's vision for the Optimized Network Utility (ONU) and can be combined with other CGI utility offerings to provide a comprehensive platform for network operations.
Founded in 1976, CGI Group Inc. is the fifth largest independent information technology and business process services firm in the world. Approximately 65,000 professionals serve thousands of global clients from offices and delivery centers across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, leveraging a comprehensive portfolio of services including high-end business and IT consulting, systems integration, application development and maintenance, infrastructure management as well as 150 IP-based services and solutions. With annual revenue in excess of C$10 billion and an order backlog exceeding C$20 billion, CGI shares are listed on the TSX (GIB.A) and the NYSE (GIB). Website: www.cgi.com.
SOURCE CGI Group Inc.
For further information: Investors, Lorne Gorber, Executive Vice-President, Global Communications and Investor Relations, +1 (514) 841-3355, email@example.com; Media, Linda Odorisio, Vice-President, U.S. Communications, CGI, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 703-267-8118