TORONTO, April 24, 2017 /CNW/ -- In honor of Canada's 150th birthday, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts has partnered with VIA Rail Canada to launch The Great Canadian Railway Adventure. Inspired by both brands' unique Canadian heritage, the 20-day luxury train trip invites travelers to experience the best of Canada—from coastal Vancouver all the way cross-country to the picturesque province of Quebec.
Throughout the railway journey, guests will enjoy accommodations at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts' historic castles and iconic properties, many of which have hosted landmark moments throughout the grand history of Canada. Participating properties include Fairmont Hotel Vancouver in Vancouver, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge in Alberta, Fairmont Winnipeg in Winnipeg, Fairmont Royal York in Toronto, Fairmont Chateau Laurier in Ottawa, a choice of Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth (upon re-opening in June 2017) or Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile in Montreal (a sister brand to Fairmont), and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Quebec City.
With the option to choose a pre-curated itinerary or create a custom experience, the 20-day trip will allow guests to truly immerse themselves in all of Canada's beauty. Each stop will provide a unique and authentic Canadian experience—from strolling the beaches of English Bay or cycling through Stanley Park in Vancouver, attending performances in the "Cultural Cradle of Canada" in Winnipeg and visiting the CN Tower in Toronto, to touring the National Art Gallery in Canada's capital city of Ottawa, exploring the Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal and taking in the majesty of Niagara Falls. In between stops, passengers will have the opportunity to admire Canada's changing landscape from their window aboard the train, weaving past bears, deer and elk amidst the grand mountains of the Canadian Rockies; traveling through thick forests, rushing rivers and old farmhouses to Ottawa; and admiring the charming villages and beautiful scenery of Quebec's countryside.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and VIA Rail Canada launched The Great Canadian Railway Adventure package on an inaugural railway journey from Quebec City to Vancouver, hosting media, influencers and VIPs from April 6 to 13, and surprising guests with a private on-train performance by Canadian musician, singer, songwriter, Sarah McLachlan.
"There is no minimizing the significance of rail travel in the history and development of Canada, or in the heritage and long-standing success of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts as Canada's luxury hotel brand. We are delighted to partner with VIA Rail Canada to be able to offer a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for guests to make memories across this grand country with the exclusive Great Canadian Railway Adventure. There is really no better way to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday," said Jeff Doane, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing North & Central America, AccorHotels.
The Great Canadian Railway Adventure starts at $11,988 CAD / $9,990 USD per person and includes:
- Overnight accommodations at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge, Fairmont Winnipeg, Fairmont Royal York, Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth (upon re-opening in June 2017) or Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile, and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac
- Four nights' accommodations on VIA Rail's The Canadian train, in a private cabin from Jasper to Winnipeg to Toronto, including three dinners, two lunches, and three breakfasts
- Business Class daytime journeys on VIA Rail's Corridor train between Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec City
- Tour inclusions
- Airport and train station transfers
- VIA Rail commemorative bundle, in honor of Canada's 150th Birthday, which includes: Fairmont Hotels & Resorts gift card, passport holder, luggage tag, Human Rights Museum pass, CN Tower pass, half bottle of Veuve Clicquot, Canada by Train book, maple chocolate box
- Valid for travel through December 31, 2017. Suggested 2017 dates, starting in Vancouver: May 3, 10, 17, 24, 31; June 7, 14, 21, 28; July 5, 12, 19, 26; August 2, 9, 16, 23, 30; September 6, 13, 20, 27; October 4, 11.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts will also celebrate Canada's anniversary with special offers including:
- Canada 150 Credit Offer which provides travelers with a $150 credit for stays of three nights or more at participating Fairmont Hotels & Resorts destinations in the US and Canada. $150 credit valid towards participating food and beverage, spa and golf outlets; valid for travel booked by May 8, 2017 for stays through December 31, 2017; blackout dates apply.
- The 150 Ways to Celebrate Canada Sweepstakes in which Fairmont Hotels & Resorts will give one grand prize winner a three-night getaway to Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth in Montreal and 150 instant winners a one-night stay at any Fairmont property in Canada. 150 Ways to Celebrate Canada Sweepstakes ends May 31, 2017; to play and for Official Rules, including odds, and prize descriptions visit FairmontCelebratesCanadaSweepstakes.com.
Images can be downloaded here.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts connects guests to the very best of its destinations worldwide, providing travelers with memorable travel experiences, thoughtful and attentive service and luxury hotels that are truly unforgettable. Each Fairmont property reflects the locale's energy, culture and history through locally inspired cuisine, spirited bars and lounges and distinctive design and decor. With more than 70 hotels globally, and many more in development, the Fairmont collection boasts some of the most iconic and distinctive hotels in the world. This extraordinary collection includes The Plaza in New York, The Savoy in London, Fairmont Grand Del Mar, Dubai's Fairmont The Palm, Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, Fairmont San Francisco and Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Québec City. Fairmont is part of AccorHotels, a world-leading travel & lifestyle group and digital innovator offering unique experiences in more than 4,100 hotels, resorts and residences, as well as in over 3000 of the finest private homes around the globe. For more information or reservations, please visit fairmont.com.
SOURCE Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
For further information: Ashley Fenton, Hawkins International PR, email@example.com, 212.255.6541, http://fairmont.com