OTTAWA, June 29, 2015 /CNW/ - The Royal Canadian Mint invites family and friends to celebrate Canada Day with fun activities and entertainment for all ages.
Royal Canadian Mint
320 Sussex Drive
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Public coin exchange! for the 2015 25-cent commemorative coin celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Canadian flag
- Free tours! Learn more about the fascinating world of coin production
- Kids Corner! Have fun with clowns and a magician
- Token Striking! Create your own free souvenir by striking your own coin!
- Shop! Browse the Mint's Boutique for great gift ideas and memorabilia.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
Over the past 105 years, the Royal Canadian Mint has emerged as a global leader in minting. A few of its internationally-renowned "firsts" include developing a revolutionary coin-plating process, producing the world's thinnest bi-metallic coin, the purest 99.999% bullion gold coin and first coloured circulation coin in the world.
The Ottawa facility, which occupies the same premises on which the Mint was founded, produces hand-crafted collector and commemorative coins, gold bullion coins, medals and medallions. It also houses a gold and silver refinery. Established in 1976, the Winnipeg Mint is a high-tech, high-volume manufacturing facility where Canada's circulation coinage is produced, as well as coins for countries around the world.
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mint
For further information: Alex Reeves, Senior Manager, Communications, Royal Canadian Mint, 613-949-5777, email@example.com