TORONTO, Aug. 22, 2016 /CNW/ - canfitpro brought together global experts on fitness, nutrition and healthy living in downtown Toronto earlier this month as part of the 2016 canfitpro world fitness expo. The annual event attracted fitness professionals, business owners and fitness enthusiasts, making it the largest fitness education event in the world.
- Opening keynote address by Hollywood celebrity trainer, Harley Pasternak
- Industry awards for Canadian, Specialty, International and New presenter
- Lifetime Achievment award to Beto Perez, creator of Zumba
- Workouts lead by Jillian Michaels (BODYSHRED creator), Tony Horton (P90X creator), Shaun T (INSANITY creator),
- Over 400 professional sessions on nutrition, personal training, group fitness, mind-body, active aging and more
- An expo hall with 230+ companies specializing in fitness and wellness products and services
- Closing keynote address by co-founder of WE Day, Craig Kielburger
"This was our best event to date. The calibre of education provided by our global experts and the amazing products and services available in the expo hall made this a world-class event and we can't wait to return next year with an even bigger event!" Rod Macdonald, canfitpro Vice-President
canfitpro also achieved their goal of raising $100,000 to build a playground for the Pacific Autism Family Centre, due in large part to the generous donations from world fitness expo delegates, business owners, presenters, volunteers and consumers, matched by canfitpro.
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro's over 100,000 members include some of the world's finest fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers.
SOURCE Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (canfitpro)
Image with caption: "The 2016 canfitpro world fitness expo took place August 10-14 and provided fitness professionals, business owners, and consumers with the opportunity to learn from industry experts, work out and meet fitness celebrities, and access hundreds of show specials in the expo hall on fitness and wellness products and services. Craig Kielburger, WE Day co-founder, rounded out the event with an inspirational message on how we can all play a part in giving the gift of education to children around the world. (CNW Group/Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (canfitpro))". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160819_C1194_PHOTO_EN_756198.jpg
For further information: Media Contact: Erin Andersen, canfitpro Communications and Media Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-493-3515 ext. 228