Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation presented at a ceremony in Richmond
RICHMOND, BC, Aug. 29, 2016 /CNW/ - The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following British Columbia residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Canada's Veterans:
- Mr. Cameron Black, Port Moody
- Mr. Sean Black, Port Moody
- Mr. J. Larry Boyd, Gibsons
- Mr. Gordon Fergus, Surrey
- Mr. Alan Fox, Maple Ridge
- Mr. Henry (Harry) Greenwood, West Vancouver
- Mr. Svend Hansen, Port Moody
- Mr. James Raymond Ingram, Delta
- Mr. William Lloyd Jones, Delta
- Mr. Paul Lee, Vancouver
- Mr. Rick Lewis, Prince George
- Mr. Louis (Lou) Mazur, Vancouver
- Mr. Brian Robert McKenna, Delta
- Mr. Edmund Wu, North Vancouver
Through their efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada's Veterans and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.
"Today we recognize and thank these outstanding individuals for their contributions to Canada's Veterans. Their tireless and ongoing service helps our Veterans and their families to thrive in our communities."
The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence
- The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by Warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The governing policies call for it to be "...awarded to individuals who have performed commendable service to the Veteran community or individuals who represent commendable role models for their fellow Veterans."
- The Commendation consists of a certificate, a lapel pin for civilian wear and a bar for wear with decorations.
- The design is a gold maple leaf resting on a red poppy, a flower long associated with the sacrifices of war, with the Royal Crown on the top of the pin.
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Contacts: Rob Rosenfeld, Director of Communications and Issues Management, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs, 613-996-4649; Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468