Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation presented at a ceremony in Winnipeg
WINNIPEG, Aug. 7, 2016 /CNW/ -The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following Manitoba residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Canada's Veterans:
- Mr. David Atwell, Winnipeg, MB
- Mr. Walter Delipper, Winnipeg, MB
- Ms. Randi Gage, Winnipeg, MB
- Mr. Gordon Keatch, Winnipeg, MB
- Mr. Harry Lee, Winnipeg, MB
- Mr. Archie Londry, Brandon, MB
- Ms. Lois Mader, Winnipeg, MB
- Mr. Barry Marchand, Winnipeg, MB
- Ms. Marjorie Martin, Winnipeg, MB
- Mr. Arthur McKinnon, Winnipeg, MB
- Ms. Kathleen McKinnon, Winnipeg, MB
- Mr. William Tait, Winnipeg, MB
Through their efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada's Veterans and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.
"The individuals recognized today provide immeasurable contributions to the well-being of Canada's Veterans. I applaud their dedication and devotion in proudly serving our Veterans. Their work allows Veterans to receive the greatest degree of care, compassion and respect possible."
The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence
- The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by Warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The governing policies call for it to be "...awarded to individuals who have performed commendable service to the Veteran community or individuals who represent commendable role models for their fellow Veterans."
- The Commendation consists of a certificate, a lapel pin for civilian wear and a bar for wear with decorations.
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Sarah McMaster, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs, 613-996-4649; Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468