Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendations presented at a ceremony in Toronto
TORONTO, June, 16, 2016 /CNW/ - The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following Greater Toronto Area residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Canada's Veterans:
- Brenda Butt, Scarborough
- Philip Craig, Keswick
- Russell T. Falshaw, Milton
- Valorie Flynn, Toronto
- Thomas Foulds CD, AdeC, Toronto
- Robert George CD, Barrie
- James R.M. Hubel CD, Scarborough
- John C. Hymers, Brampton
- Donald W. Kennedy CD, Hamilton
- Mary-Lou Oyler, North York
- Henry F. Verschuren CD, Brampton
Through their efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada's Veterans, and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.
- The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The governing policies call for it to be "...awarded to individuals who have performed commendable service to the Veteran community and/or individuals who represent commendable role models for their fellow Veterans."
- The Commendation consists of a certificate, a lapel pin for civilian wear and a bar for wear with decorations.
"The Canadians being recognized here today have provided immeasurable contributions to the well-being of Canada's Veterans. I applaud their dedication and devotion in proudly serving our Veterans. It is this dedication, day in and day out, that ensures our Veterans are being served with the care, compassion, and respect they so deserve."
The Honourable Kent Hehr, Minister of Veterans Affairs and Associate Minister of National Defence
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Sarah McMaster, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs, 613-996-4649; Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468