The Canadian Tire mPay & Play™ combines state-of-the-art payment functionality, innovative gamification features and industry leading security features
TORONTO, Sept. 23, 2015 /CNW/ - Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited (TSX:CTC) (TSX:CTC.a) today launched its innovative new mobile payments app, the Canadian Tire mPay & Play™. Exclusive to Canadian Tire Options® MasterCard® members, the app goes beyond just mobile payments by offering customers bonus rewards, cardmember offers, and quick and easy account servicing through a best-in-class user interface.
"At Canadian Tire, it is our unrelenting desire to exceed our customers' expectations with an unforgettable shopping experience," said Eugene Roman, Chief Technology Officer, Canadian Tire Corporation. "The Canadian Tire mPay & Play app is the only payment solution in Canada to deliver payment capabilities, gamification features, special offers and rewards to customers, while allowing them to track their banking information and e-Canadian Tire 'Money' rewards."
"As one of Canada's oldest and most beloved brands, we knew that the app needed to be more than just a payments app; it needed to engage our customers and strengthen their affinity to Canadian Tire," said Mary Turner, President, Canadian Tire Financial Services. "With the help of our partners from MasterCard, we were able to design Canadian Tire mPay & Play with our customers in mind."
The mPay & Play app delivers exclusive benefits and features to Canadian Tire Options® MasterCard® members, including:
- Elevate Your Rewards: For every 10 badges earned, members can collect 10x Bonus e-Canadian Tire 'Money' on your purchases at Canadian Tire. That's on top of the 10x e-Canadian Tire 'Money' customers collect every day at Canadian Tire when using their Options MasterCard.
- Cardmember Offers: Members can choose to receive offers and exciting deals from the Canadian Tire Family of Companies delivered right to their phones.
- Convenient Account Servicing: Members can stay connected to their account with a credit card transaction summary, payment history and balance – all securely stored in one place.
- Protected Mobile Payment: Members can pay for all their Canadian Tire store purchases right from the Canadian Tire mPay & Play app. Plus, members can use the app to redeem their e-Canadian Tire 'Money' rewards on their next Canadian Tire store purchase.
- Enhanced Security Features: Exceeding industry standards, the app was developed with leading end-to-end encryption and data protection technologies to provide enhanced security.
The app is currently available for use at all Canadian Tire retail locations across the country and is available for download from the App Store and on Google Play.
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, (TSX:CTC.A) (TSX:CTC) or "CTC," is a family of businesses that includes a retail segment, a financial services division and CT REIT. Our retail business is led by Canadian Tire, which was founded in 1922 and provides Canadians with products for life in Canada across its Living, Playing, Fixing, Automotive and Seasonal categories. PartSource and Gas+ are key parts of the Canadian Tire network. The retail segment also includes Mark's, a leading source for casual and industrial wear, and FGL Sports (Sport Chek, Hockey Experts, Sports Experts, National Sports, Intersport, Pro Hockey Life and Atmosphere), which offers the best active wear brands. The nearly 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets are supported and strengthened by our Financial Services division and the tens of thousands of people employed across the Company. For more information, visit Corp.CanadianTire.ca.
SOURCE CANADIAN TIRE CORPORATION, LIMITED
Image with caption: "Eugene Roman, Chief Technology Officer, Canadian Tire Corporation, and Cam Thomson, Digital Marketing Manager, Canadian Tire Financial Services, introduced the new mPay & Play app. Exclusive to Canadian Tire Options® MasterCard® members, the app combines state-of-the-art payment functionality, innovative gamification features and industry leading security features. (CNW Group/CANADIAN TIRE CORPORATION, LIMITED)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150923_C5167_PHOTO_EN_504555.jpg
For further information: Joscelyn Dosanjh, Manager, Corporate Communications, 416-480-8017, firstname.lastname@example.org