TORONTO, Nov. 16, 2015 /CNW/ - Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited's, ("CTC") focus on team and culture has resulted in being named one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2016. This is the second consecutive year in which CTC has won the award by Mediacorp Canada Inc. and received this year's honour thanks to its commitment to employee growth and strong communication and feedback channels.
"Being recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers is a great honour and speaks to our strong corporate culture and world-class team," said Michael Medline, President & CEO, Canadian Tire Corporation. "We're on a mission to become the world's most innovative retailer and to achieve that goal you need to prioritize investing in employees to retain and attract the talent that will drive the business forward."
In the past year, CTC has refreshed its Talent and HR strategy, while introducing more communication channels to help share corporate strategies, improve internal transparency and engage senior leaders and employees in new ways:
- Launched a fun and interactive digital magazine, called "The Torch" that celebrates the success of our employees.
- Introduced "The Podium"– a speaker series featuring Michael Medline and high profile sport and industry personalities to further engage and motivate employees.
- Held "HOTiDEAS" forums to encourage employees to share their best company-related ideas with senior leaders. This forum encourages employees to communicate their business solutions to improve offices, stores and product lines.
- Continued to see growth in our Co-op/Student program with over 275 students hired in 2014 and 285 in 2015. Additionally, we continue to introduce new graduate opportunities through our Next Generation Rotational Programs, which offers two- to three-year rotational programs for new grads in technology, finance, marketing and supply chain.
- Recruited some of the brightest minds in digital and have created environments for them to develop world-class online and in-store technologies, including our new Digital Garage facility in Kitchener, Waterloo.
For more information on Canadian Tire Corporation, please visit http://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-canadian-tire.
About Canadian Tire Corporation
Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited, (TSX:CTC.A) (TSX:CTC) or "CTC," is a family of businesses that includes a retail segment, a financial services division and CT REIT. Our retail business is led by Canadian Tire, which was founded in 1922 and provides Canadians with products for life in Canada across its Living, Playing, Fixing, Automotive and Seasonal categories. PartSource and Gas+ are key parts of the Canadian Tire network. The retail segment also includes Mark's, a leading source for casual and industrial wear, and FGL Sports (Sport Chek, Hockey Experts, Sports Experts, National Sports, Intersport, Pro Hockey Life and Atmosphere), which offers the best active wear brands. The 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets are supported and strengthened by our Financial Services division and the tens of thousands of people employed across the Company. For more information, visit Corp.CanadianTire.ca.
SOURCE CANADIAN TIRE CORPORATION, LIMITED
For further information: Jane Shaw, 416-480-8581, firstname.lastname@example.org