2010 Olympians slated to throw Ceremonial First Pitch
TORONTO, April 11 /CNW/ - Thirteen of Canada's Olympic medallists will be in Toronto on Monday, April 12, as the Toronto Blue Jays host the Chicago White Sox (7:20 p.m. start).
The medallists will enjoy a special day at the ballpark as they meet and greet the players at a pre-game batting practice and usher in the new season by taking part in the Ceremonial First Pitch.
- Meghan Agosta, gold medallist, ice hockey
- Guillaume Bastille, gold medallist, short track speed skating
- Alex Bilodeau, gold medallist, freestyle skiing
- Lascelles Brown, bronze medallist, bobsleigh
- Charles Hamelin, double gold medallist, short track speed skating
- François Hamelin, gold medallist, short track speed skating
- Jayna Hefford, gold medallist, ice hockey
- Kaillie Humphries, gold medallist, bobsleigh
- Cherie Piper, gold medallist, ice hockey
- Lyndon Rush, bronze medallist, bobsleigh
- Marianne St. Gelais, double silver medallist, short track speed
- François Louis Tremblay, gold and bronze medallist, short track speed
- Tania Vicent, silver medallist, short track speed skating
The pre-game festivities are set to begin at 6:40 p.m.
About the Canadian Olympic Committee
The Canadian Olympic Committee is a national, private, not-for-profit organization committed to sport excellence. It is responsible for all aspects of Canada's involvement in the Olympic Movement, including Canada's participation in the Olympic and Pan American Games and a wide variety of programs that promote the Olympic Movement in Canada through cultural and educational means. For news and information, visit the COC website at www.olympic.ca and find the team on both Facebook (Canadian Olympic Team) and Twitter (CDNOlympicTeam).
SOURCE Canadian Olympic Committee
For further information: For further information: Isabelle Hodge, Manager, Media Relations, Canadian Olympic Committee, Tel. (416) 324-4122, Cel. (289) 388-6419, Email: email@example.com; Toronto Blue Jays Communications Department, Tel. (416) 341-1302/03