- Next-generation of ePMP platform enables wireless Internet service providers (WISPs) to provide wireless broadband connectivity in areas with high-interference -
ROLLING MEADOWS, Ill., June 7, 2016 /CNW/ -- Cambium Networks™, a leading global provider of wireless broadband solutions, today debuted ePMP 2000, expanding on the company's ePMP wireless broadband portfolio. ePMP 2000 is powered by Hypure™, including Smart Beamforming and Intelligent Filtering to reduce interference across large service areas. ePMP 2000 operates in the 5 GHz frequency band making it the ideal solution for increasing network performance in the high-interference, real-world environments faced by wireless Internet service providers around the world.
Key features of ePMP 2000 include:
- Hypure technology – With Intelligent Filtering and Smart Beamforming, network performance in high-interference, real-world environments is better than ever
- Re-use of existing ePMP 1000 subscriber modules – protecting service provider investment and easing the upgrade to ePMP 2000 while improving network performance
- All the benefits of ePMP 1000 including GPS Synchronization and eFortify™. eFortify ensures that system throughput and latency are optimized in the presence of external interference
- Excellent reliability, performance and scalability at an affordable price point
"We immediately saw better performance, mostly on the uplink connections," says Joe Falaschi, General Manager, E-vergent. "Prior to the change, we were seeing MCS levels around 2, 3, or 4 and had lots of off-channel interference. We immediately saw MCS levels improve to 10 to 15."
"Cambium Networks is focused on tackling the challenge of high-interference, low-spectrum environments that many of our WISP customers are facing today," said Sakid Ahmed, Senior Director of Engineering at Cambium Networks. "ePMP 2000 provides the best performance, at the most competitive price point, and empowers network operators to expand their service offerings."
The new ePMP sector antenna is part of the ePMP 2000 solution, and also supports ePMP 1000. It features compact design, integrated ePMP 2000 and 1000 mounting and industry-leading performance. Wireless Internet service providers deploying networks in the 5 GHz spectrum will find the 90° and 120° coverage especially well-suited for high-density networks requiring frequency re-use and wide-band coverage.
Key features of the ePMP sector antenna include:
- Frequency Reuse: Designed for ABAB channel re-use (two channels covering four sectors), the antenna has industry-leading 35 dB front-to-back ratio including a wide aperture in the rear-facing direction.
- Channel Flexibility: Consistent gain allows the operator to select a channel anywhere in the band and achieve the expected performance.
- Consistent Coverage: Excellent null fill capabilities of the antenna allow for broad geographical coverage within a sector even near the base of the tower and the edges of the sector.
ePMP 2000 and the ePMP sector antenna are available to order now through Cambium Networks distributors. Cambium Networks is streaming a presentation and demonstration of the system at 10am and 10pm CDT today.
About Cambium Networks:
Cambium Networks is a leading global provider of wireless broadband solutions that connect the unconnected – People, Places and Things. Through its extensive portfolio of reliable, scalable and secure wireless broadband point-to-point (PTP), point-to-multipoint (PMP), and WiFi platforms, Cambium Networks makes it possible for all service providers; enterprises; governmental and military agencies; oil, gas, and utility companies; Internet service providers; and public safety networks to build powerful, easily sustainable communications networks. The company currently has over five million of its access and backhaul radios deployed in thousands of demanding networks in more than 150 countries. Headquartered outside Chicago and with R&D centers in the U.S., U.K. and India, Cambium Networks sells through a range of trusted global distributors. For more information, visit: www.cambiumnetworks.com and www.connectingtheunconnected.org.
Golin for Cambium Networks – Cyrus Hedayati
+1 415 318 4377
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140613/117974
SOURCE Cambium Networks