INRIX Roadway Analytics provides instant analysis of traffic patterns to maximize improvement efforts and minimize costs
KIRKLAND, Wash., May 16, 2017 /CNW/ -- INRIX, the world leader in transportation analytics and connected car services, today announced the City of Calgary selected INRIX Roadway Analytics for instant and highly precise road performance analysis via the cloud. The service helps Calgary reduce the cost of operations, identify areas that benefit most from road improvements, and more accurately measure and report the impact of transportation investments.
"Urban population growth, in cities like Calgary, is driving increased traffic congestion in and around city centers around the world," said Scott Sedlik, vice president and general manager – public sector at INRIX. "By identifying consistent and problematic traffic patterns, city officials can pinpoint the source of congestion and prioritize mobility investments that directly reduce gridlock."
Launched in 2016, Roadway Analytics provides technical analyses, charts, tables and other visualizations to convey important information and recommendations to drivers, decision makers and the general public. Covering more than five million miles of road in 45 countries, it uses the world's largest traffic data network that is trusted by leading automakers and transportation agencies globally. INRIX Roadway Analytics portfolio of tools includes:
- Performance Charts produces line and bar graphs, which enable before and after studies and/or comparisons of roadways with visualizations to communicate findings
- Congestion Scan uses heat maps to identify problem areas along a road, helping Calgary pinpoint the location of congestion to better target improvement efforts
- Trend Maps is a visual communication tool that illustrates the impact of roadway conditions throughout the day
- Bottleneck Ranking identifies hotspots or congested corridors during a specific analysis period within an area, and provides a ranking by determining the number of occurrences, length and duration of each bottleneck
- Data Downloader enables users to directly query INRIX XD Traffic speed archive data (from 24 hours prior) for any road segment and/or time period
INRIX Roadway Analytics is helping Calgary manage its road network with access to on-demand data to analyze, visualize and understand performance without the need for additional technology investments. The city can also identify and compare locations that are operating sub-optimally to help prioritize road improvement efforts. In addition, Roadway Analytics allows city planners to perform before and after studies to quantify and communicate the impact of road projects; monitor and identify performance trends on roadways; produce and report Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on travel times and congestion reduction; and monitor, compare and adjust construction zones to minimize the impact on traffic flow.
"As Alberta's largest city, Calgary has a unique road network that's effected by a wide range of variables, including population growth, geographic location and extreme climate conditions," said Sameer Patil, Traffic Leader at the City of Calgary. "INRIX Roadway Analytics is a valuable tool to help maximize transportation efforts, while maintaining a close eye on our investments."
INRIX is the global leader in connected car services and transportation analytics, an approach that leverages big data and the cloud to help manage urban mobility. By aggregating a variety of sources and applying intelligence, INRIX delivers comprehensive data and solutions to help move people, cities and businesses forward. Our partners are automakers, governments, mobile operators, developers, advertisers, as well as enterprises large and small.
For further information: INRIX Americas, Mark Burfeind, +1 425-284-3825, email@example.com, http://www.inrix.com