Canadian charities, non-profits and academic researchers can apply for funding from the .CA Community Investment Program
OTTAWA, Jan. 20, 2016 /CNW/ - The application period for the .CA Community Investment Program opens today, January 20 and will run until March 4, 2016.
- A part of the proceeds from each .CA registration goes towards the .CA Community Investment Program. Every individual and organization with a .CA website has helped fund projects that build a better online Canada.
- The program targets charities and non-profit organizations working to provide online services, promote access to reliable and affordable Internet infrastructure, improve digital literacy, and generate original research on emerging digital issues.
- Since launching in 2014, the .CA Community Investment Program has provided $2.2 million in funding, supporting over 50 projects from coast to coast to coast.
- The .CA Community Investment Program is the only granting program in Canada directed specifically at Internet-related projects and has been recognized by CENTR, an association of country code top level domains, for its unique and compelling position in the global domain market.
"For more than a decade, Canada's relative position as a global digital leader has been on the decline. Canada's Internet community needs to come together to reverse this trend, building a Canadian Internet that matches our national ambitions. The .CA Community Investment Program is part of our contribution to this project of digital nation building and we are excited about the partnerships and projects that are being generated."
- Byron Holland, president and CEO of the Canadian Internet Registration Authority
About .CA and the Community Investment Program
Through the Community Investment Program, .CA funds projects that demonstrate the capacity to build a better online Canada. The .CA team manages Canada's country code top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. A Member-based organization, .CA represents the interests of Canada's Internet community internationally.
SOURCE Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
For further information: Ryan Saxby Hill, Communications Manager for .CA, 613-316-2397, firstname.lastname@example.org