Toronto's Front & John location reopens as the brand's urban flagship featuring a new contemporary design and the latest technology
MISSISSAUGA, ON, March 29, 2017 /CNW/ - Boston Pizza, Canada's largest casual dining restaurant chain, is reopening its Front and John location in Toronto on March 31, following an extensive renovation that showcases the brand's new design concept and market leading technology.
The Front and John location became a corporately-owned restaurant a year ago and, in its newly redesigned format, will act as an urban flagship showing off the brand's new prototype, the first in a succession of new openings targeting Canada's urban market.
"Front and John is our first truly urban flagship restaurant and we believe there is a big opportunity for Boston Pizza to expand within downtown markets," said Alan Howie, Executive Vice President, Operations & Development, Boston Pizza International. "Many families live in downtown centres, in condos, and are looking for family-friendly restaurants that have something for everyone. In addition, urban areas are natural hubs for those interested in enjoying sporting events. Our dual concept of distinct and approachable sports bar and dining room under one roof is the perfect option."
Boston Pizza will pilot new technologies and projects at this location prior to rolling out to the rest of the chain. All new openings and renovations, whether urban, suburban, rural or non-traditional, will take design cues from this new prototype. This location is also one of the chain's largest restaurants at 11,000 square feet.
"Boston Pizza is known as Canada's sports bar where the game is always on and with this new redesign, the digital experience will impress sports fans and families alike," said Helen Langford, Senior Vice President, Food Services, Boston Pizza International. "Screens of all sizes throughout the restaurant will not only show all the important games, but will also feature local sports content, leader boards and other fun graphics to encourage guests to put down their phones and interact with the restaurant environment. The bright colour scheme, use of lighting and contemporary design materials, completely transforms the look and feel of Boston Pizza moving forward."
Some of the new features include:
- New Technology – in the near future, new technologies will be piloted at Front and John that elevate the guest experience and improve speed of service and efficiency, such as:
- Pay-at-Table will allow guests to check in with the MyBP app and pay their bill on their mobile device without waiting for the server to bring their cheque
- DineTime app will allow you to view wait times at all Boston Pizza locations near you, get on waiting lists or book reservations
- Courtesy phone charging outlets with USB ports located at tables and bars throughout the restaurant
- Exterior Design - The exterior design is more contemporary and increases brand visibility with cleaner lines and glazed windows so everyone walking by can check out the action inside
- Interior Design - Seating design is very flexible with modular segments for easy scalability so groups of every size can be accommodated
- A specially designated Team Room can accommodate private parties and sports teams or can function as an extension of the main restaurant
- Take-Out and Delivery – A separate entrance off John Street will welcome guests wanting to pick-up their orders
- The Front and John location will also feature a grab-and-go area so that thousands of fans attending sporting events at Rogers Centre or ACC will have a chance to pick-up some great food on their way to the game
- Kitchen – Optimized kitchen environment for increase efficiency and reduction in energy consumption, especially in high-volume urban locations
- Kitchen Video System (KVS 2.0) will allow the kitchen to more efficiently and quickly expedite guest orders and assist in training
- Higher efficiency equipment and appliances
With more than 380 locations coast to coast in Canada, the goal for 2017 is to open approximately 15 new locations. In addition to urban areas, Boston Pizza is also exploring additional non-traditional locations such as airports and hotels. The next urban project is slated to open this summer at Yonge St. and Gerrard in Toronto, as well as in the Edmonton Ice District and Ottawa's Glebe neighbourhood.
About Boston Pizza:
Boston Pizza International Inc. is Canada's No. 1 casual dining brand with more than 380 restaurants in Canada and more than $1 billion in sales. Annually, Boston Pizza serves more than 40 million guests. The company has been recognized as a Platinum Member of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies. Boston Pizza believes that strong role models inspire kids to be great, and in 2014, the Boston Pizza Foundation created Future Prospects to help support organizations that mentor kids to reach their full potential. Boston Pizza International Inc. is located in Richmond, B.C., and has regional offices in Mississauga, Ontario and Laval, Quebec. For more information, visit www.bostonpizza.com.
SOURCE Boston Pizza International Inc.
For further information: Alexandra Cygal, Senior Director of Communications, Boston Pizza International, 905-848-2700, firstname.lastname@example.org; Brodie Thompson, High Road for Boston Pizza International, 416-644-2277, Brodie.Thompson@highroad.com