Eight Best Buy stores across the country will host midnight openings for the sequel to the hit original strategy game
BURNABY, BC, July 26 /CNW/ - Best Buy, Canada's fastest growing retailer and e-tailer of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products, will launch the highly anticipated StarCraft II on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at midnight openings at select Best Buy Canada stores nationwide.
WHAT: StarCraft II is the ultimate competitive real-time strategy game and sequel to the legendary original StarCraft game. www.bestbuy.ca/StarCraft2 .
Midnight opening activities include:
- On-site DJs, prize giveaways and the chance to be the first to play
StarCraft II from 9 p.m. Monday, July 26 until midnight.
- FREE Sidewinder X3 Gaming Mouse with purchase of StarCraft II for the
first 150 customers/store ($50 value)
- Played it? Trade it! Trade 2 select games and get StarCraft II FREE
from July 27th - 29th.
- Minimum of 100 Collector's Editions guaranteed available at each
store (25 at all non-midnight opening stores)
- Chance to win one of five Toshiba Ultimate Gaming Prize Packs - a
Toshiba X500-03L gaming laptop and StarCraft II Collector's Edition -
with the purchase of StarCraft II.
- Media can capture the StarCraft II excitement including shots of the
lineups of StarCraft II enthusiasts and excited gamers playing the
sequel game for the first time.
- Interviews with StarCraft II fans who line up to be one of the first
to purchase a copy of the game.
WHEN: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 at 12:01 a.m.
WHERE: Midnight openings for StarCraft II will be held on at the
following Best Buy Canada locations:
1. Edmonton South - 9931-19 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB
2. Edmonton West - West Point Centre NW, Edmonton, AB
3. Bay & Dundas - 65 Dundas Street West, Toronto, ON
4. Sunridge - Sundridge Power Center, Calgary
5. Ottawa West - 1701 Merivale Road, Nepean, ON
6. St. James - A-810 St. James Street, Winnipeg, MB
7. Langley - 200th St & 64th Ave, Langley, BC
8. Cambie - 2220 Cambie Street, Vancouver B.C.
About Best Buy Canada
Best Buy stores in Canada are a division of Burnaby, BC-based Best Buy Canada Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY). Best Buy is Canada's fastest-growing retailer and e-tailer (www.BestBuy.ca) of consumer electronics, computers and entertainment products and also operates Geek Squad (www.GeekSquad.ca), a technology service provider specializing in computer support, home theatre installation, network, car audio, video and navigation systems. There are more than 60 Best Buy stores in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
Best Buy offers consumers a unique shopping experience with the latest technology and entertainment products, at the right price, with a no-pressure (non-commissioned) sales environment. The Company is committed to kids and its local communities and has a comprehensive community relations program described at www.BestBuy.ca/community.
SOURCE Best Buy Canada
For further information: For further information: Danielle Jang, Communications Manager, Best Buy Canada, Office: 604.412.1880, Cell: 604.562.5631, email@example.com