TORONTO, May 9, 2016 /CNW/ - For the fifth year in a row, Bento Sushi, Canada's largest sushi company, is preparing for the annual Sushi Champion Competition – a company-wide event that encourages Bento chefs across Canada and the United States to get creative and submit an original sushi roll recipe of their own design. On May 11th, the top six chefs and their recipes will go head to head in a sushi roll-off in downtown Toronto at Ryerson University. The chefs will be competing for the grand title of Bento Sushi Champion, $5000 in prize money and the chance to have their roll come to life in stores as a limited time offer product. The Bento Sushi Champion Competition demonstrates the company's commitment to its 1,500 innovative chefs across North America, and to finding the next best sushi recipe for its loyal consumers.
In charge of tasting and scoring the six sushi rolls, this year's esteemed judging panel will consist of the following food industry experts:
- Marco Chita (Senior Category Manager for HMR, Discount Division, Loblaw Companies Limited)
- John Hashimoto (Director of Product Development, Bento Sushi)
- Liora Ipsum (Food Writer and Editor, BlogTO)
- Christopher Siu (MasterChef Canada Finalist and Baker, Daango Sweets)
Competing this year for the Bento Sushi Champion title will be the following chefs and their unique creations:
- Sukhe Lee, British Columbia – BBQ Bulgogi Roll with Nuts
- Sarina Yoth, Quebec – Maple Apple Crab Roll
- Haruo Oikawa, New York – Haru Roll
- Mei Zang, Ontario – Prosciutto Roll
- Huang Yan Fang, Ontario – Shrimp Roll
- Hao Vu, Manitoba – Torch Lobster Roll
DOM International Ltd. and Sea Delight are the Title Sponsors for the Sushi Champion Competition 2016.
SOURCE Bento Sushi