– #shopthehood campaign on now until Nov. 28 –
– Features segments from neighbourhoods across the country on ETALK, THE SOCIAL, and THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/1GN17vt
TORONTO, Oct. 30, 2015 /CNW/ - Bell Media has renewed its support for the third edition of Yellow Pages' Shop The Neighbourhood™ campaign, a program designed to support small businesses by encouraging local shopping. Shop The Neighbourhood (#shopthehood) celebrates small businesses and reminds Canadians of the benefits that local shopping has in their communities.
Bell Media will promote the program across the country, with spots airing on Bell Media's English and French properties as well as multiple content integrations across Bell Media's suite of conventional, specialty, and radio properties. The campaign culminates on Saturday, Nov. 28, between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, when Canadian consumers are frequently enticed by U.S. shopping deals.
"Yellow Pages' campaign has an ambitious vision that directly benefits the economic health of Canadian merchants and their neighbourhoods," said Debbie Drutz, Vice-President, Bell Media Mix. "It's our mission to deliver a strategy that brings this brand idea to life across the country and we've engaged a huge lineup of media personalities to help rally Canadians to shop locally."
"Shop The Neighbourhood is our largest event of the year and we're very pleased with the support shown by Bell Media in helping us promote local spending and small business support," said Paul Brousseau, Vice-President, Brand Communications, Yellow Pages. "In a global marketplace, it can be easy to forget the positive impact our dollars have when spent close to home and the difference one sale can make for a small business, and in turn, our neighbourhoods."
Hosts and experts from THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, THE SOCIAL, and ETALK will profile a number of Canadian neighbourhoods, with interesting facts, shops, and interviews with locals, in addition to features on CANADA AM, and Bell Media radio programs.
- Four experts from THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW: Charles MacPherson (a.k.a. Charles the Butler), Tommy Smythe, Vijaya Selvaraju, and Rodney Bowers will show off their favourite neighbourhoods on the CTV daytime program.
- On THE SOCIAL, Co-Hosts Melissa Grelo, Cynthia Loyst, Lainey Lui, and Traci Melchor, and fashion expert Erica Wark, venture home to show viewers what their neighbourhoods have to offer.
- On ETALK, Ben Mulroney, Elaine Lui, Liz Trinnear, Danielle Graham, and Devon Soltendieck will explore unique neighbourhoods in four major Canadian cities, Vancouver-Gastown, Calgary-Inglewood, Halifax, and Toronto-Rosedale, and Toronto-Queen West.
- CANADA AM will visit local merchants in Calgary, Edmonton, Ottawa, Vancouver, and Halifax for live morning segments.
- The campaign will also include discussions on local radio stations, 30-second commercial spots on CTV as well as Bell Media's English and French specialty TV channels including Canal Vie, Canal D, Z, VRAK, Canal D Investigation, MusiMax, MusiquePlus, Séries+, and Historia.
- Finally, Shop the neighbourhood campaign will be featured on a multi-format, multi-market, out-of-home blitz with advertising at street level and on digital superboards in both official languages.
The complete media partnership from Bell Media Sales is supported by a team of contributors have brought the program to market.
Social Media Links
About Shop The Neighbourhood™
Shop The Neighbourhood is a Yellow Pages initiative to encourage local shopping and support for small businesses. Taking place during the busiest shopping season of the year, Shop The Neighbourhood raises awareness of the large-scale push from retailers both online and across the border which moves dollars away from the small businesses, directly impacting the health of our neighbourhoods and our communities. On Saturday, November 28, 2015, people will be encouraged to make a local purchase in support of businesses across Canada and take advantage of exclusive event day deals and savings at local businesses, hosted on the YP Shopwise mobile app.
About Yellow Pages
Yellow Pages (TSX: Y) is a Canadian digital media and marketing solutions company that supports neighbourhood economies by helping local businesses reach new customers and foster stronger relationships with existing clients through its various media and products. Yellow Pages holds some of Canada's leading local online search properties including YP.caTM, RedFlagDeals.comTM, Canada411.caTM the Comfree/DuProprio network, and YP NextHome, as well as mobile applications YP, YP Shopwise, YP Dine, Comfree, RedFlagDeals, Canada411 and 411.ca, as well as the Yellow PagesTM print directories. Yellow Pages is also a leader in national digital advertising through Mediative, a division of Yellow Pages devoted to digital marketing and performance media services for national-scale agencies and customers. For more information, visit www.corporate.yp.ca.
About Bell Media
With passion and an unrelenting commitment to excellence, Bell Media creates content and builds brands that entertain, inform, engage, and inspire audiences through the platforms of their choice. Bell Media is Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, out-of-home advertising, and digital media. Bell Media owns 30 local television stations led by CTV, Canada's #1 television network; 34 specialty channels, including TSN and RDS, Canada's most-watched specialty channels in English and French; and four pay TV services, including The Movie Network and Super Écran. Bell Media is also Canada's largest radio broadcaster, with 106 licensed radio stations in 54 markets across Canada. Bell Media owns Astral Out of Home, one of Canada's most dynamic and innovative out-of-home advertising companies with a network of more than 13,500 advertising faces in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Québec, and Nova Scotia. Bell Media also operates more than 200 websites; delivers TV Everywhere with premium subscription on-demand streaming service CraveTV, as well as its innovative GO video streaming services including CTV GO, TMN GO, and TSN GO; holds an equity stake in digital startup Hubub; is partners in Cirque du Soleil Media, a joint venture with Cirque du Soleil; and owns Dome Productions Inc., a multi-platform production company. Bell Media is part of BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. For more on Bell Media, please visit www.bellmedia.ca.
SOURCE Bell Media
For further information: Emily Young Lee, Bell Media, 416.384.2593 or firstname.lastname@example.org