TORONTO, Aug. 27, 2015 /CNW/ - Baylin Technologies Inc. ("Company") (TSX: BYL), a global provider of innovative antenna solutions for the Networking, Mobile and Wireless Infrastructure markets, announced today that it implemented key organizational changes to position the Company for long-term growth and a return to profitability.
"We bolstered our executive team with industry leaders and built-out our sales staff with industry experienced sales people," said Randy Dewey, President and Chief Executive Officer of Baylin. "We are focused on adding talent and expertise to our Networking and Infrastructure teams. These enhancements align our company to face present and future market conditions and realities. We are confident that these changes position Baylin to continue offering innovative, leading-edge engineered products while building a strong sales culture that will further improve our position across our three product lines."
Senior Leadership Appointments
As part of its strategic plan to strengthen its businesses for long-term competitiveness and success, the Company appointed these leaders to its team:
- Mr. David Wittwer was promoted to the role of Chief Technology Officer. Mr. Wittwer will oversee the engineering and R&D departments in Israel and Phoenix. Mr. Wittwer is a seasoned professional with more than 25 years of experience in the technology sector, including 10 with the Company.
- Mrs. Julia Hogan was appointed Executive Vice President of the Global Infrastructure division. Mrs. Hogan comes to the Company with more than 25 years of experience in infrastructure sales.
- Mr. Mike Moon was promoted to Executive Vice-President, Mobile Business. Mr. Moon is a seasoned mobile technology sales and marketing executive with multicultural and multilingual experience. He has more than 25 years of experience working for Samsung.
Sales Team Appointments
In addition to the senior leadership appointments, the Company has also strengthened its sales team:
- Mr. Bill Swafford was appointed to Vice-President of Business Development at Galtronics. During Mr. Swafford's career he has executed successful market strategies in the networking and Infrastructure antenna space for some of the largest North American service providers.
- Mr. Robert Dumont was appointed as Sales Manager, Networking Business Unit at Galtronics. Mr. Dumont has more than 20 years of experience in Wireless, RF and Satcom technology sales, marketing and business development.
- Mr. Kelly Joyce was appointed as Sales Director, Wireless Marketing at Galtronics. Mr. Joyce is a seasoned sales executive with more than 15 years of experience in the wireless communications sector.
- Mr. Mo Bhuyan was appointed as Director, Product Management & Sales Engineering at Galtronics. Mr. Bhuyan has more than 15 years of experience in the wireless infrastructure business.
- Mr. William Shin was appointed as Asian Sales Director based Shanghai, China. Mr. Shin has more than 18 years of sales and marketing experience in the information technology components industry.
Baylin will continue to operate in its three target markets: Networking, Mobile and Infrastructure. However, the Company intends to further extend the migration from a mobile-centric company to an infrastructure products centric company during fiscal 2015.
Baylin (TSX: BYL) is a leading global technology company with more than 36 years of experience in designing, producing and supplying innovative antennas for the Networking, Mobile and Wireless Infrastructure industries. We strive to meet our customers' needs by being their trusted partner from initial design to production with an extensive portfolio of custom engineered solutions as well as leading edge off-the-shelf antenna product.
Forward Looking Statements
Certain statements contained in this news release, including all statements that are not historical facts, contain forward-looking statements and forward-looking information within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Often, but not always, forward-looking statements or information can be identified by the use of words such as "plans", "expects" or "does not expect", "is expected", "budget", "scheduled", "estimates", "forecasts", "intends", "anticipates" or "does not anticipate" or "believes" or variations of such words and phrases or statements that certain actions, events or results "may", "could", "would", "might" or "will" be taken, occur or be achieved. With respect to forward-looking statements and information contained herein, we have made numerous assumptions. Although our management believes that the assumptions made and the expectations represented by such statement or information are reasonable, there can be no assurance that any forward-looking statement or information referenced herein will prove to be accurate. Forward-looking statements and information by their nature are based on assumptions and involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause our actual results, performance or achievements, or industry results, to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statement or information. Such risks, uncertainties and other factors include, among other things those risks identified in Baylin's annual information form dated March 20, 2015 filed on SEDAR at www.sedar.com.
Although we have attempted to identify factors that would cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those disclosed in the forward-looking statements or information, there may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. Also, many of the factors are beyond the control of Baylin. Accordingly, readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements or information. Baylin undertakes no obligation to reissue or update any forward-looking statements or information as a result of new information or events after the date hereof except as may be required by law. All forward-looking statements and information herein are qualified by this cautionary statement.
SOURCE Baylin Technologies Inc.
For further information: Conrad Seguin, NATIONAL Equicom, (416) 815-0700 ext. 251, email@example.com