Four-day April Edmonton auction features 7,800+ items—no minimum bids or reserve prices
EDMONTON, April 11, 2017 /CNW/ - Every year thousands of contractors across Canada and around the world look to Ritchie Bros.' Edmonton April auction as the perfect opportunity to add to or upgrade their fleets for spring or summer projects. The multi-day event always features a huge selection of equipment from the top companies in Western Canada and every item is sold unreserved. It's a giant supermarket of equipment, and the toys contractors want.
This year's auction is a four-day event (April 25 – 28, 2017) with 7,800+ items already consigned from 950+ owners. Highlights include 210+ excavators, 220+ compactors, 140 skid steers, 130+ dozers, 210+ truck tractors, 800+ trailers, as well as a large selection of oil and gas, agriculture, and forestry equipment. The auction also features real estate (farmland and commercial properties), classic cars, motorhomes, private airplanes, and so much more.
"We try to make our auctions as efficient and valuable as possible for buyers—everyone is welcome, all the equipment is in one place for inspection, we have no reserve prices and they can bid in person or online," said Brian Glenn, Senior Vice President, Ritchie Bros. "This year we have a great selection of equipment from every major industry along with a wealth of consumer items. At the end of the auction all of it will be sold to new owners."
Auction schedule (subject to change):
- DAY ONE: Tuesday, April 25 — 210+ truck tractors, 120 dump trucks, 95 flatbed trucks, 70+ boom trucks, 50+ winch tractors, 30+ vacuum trucks, 30 tank trucks, 25+ water trucks, 20+ utility trucks, and more
- DAY TWO: Wednesday, April 26 — 130+ crawler tractors, 65 wheel loaders, 65 articulated dump trucks, 50+ motor graders, 35 motor scrapers, 15+ loader backhoes, trailers, and more
- DAY THREE: Thursday, April 27 — 210+ excavators, 220+ compactors, 70 multi-terrain loaders, 70 skid steer loaders, 40 pipelayers, 20 cranes, 35+ telescopic forklifts, 15 rough terrain forklifts, 105 boom lifts, 40+ scissor lifts, drilling equipment, forestry equipment and more.
- DAY FOUR: Friday, April 28 — 260+ pickup trucks, automobiles, trailers, and more.
- For a complete, up-to-date list of equipment, visit rbauction.com/Edmonton
What customers are saying:
- "It's known worldwide that Edmonton is where you come to get the good iron," said Michael Karczmarczyk of ConTrac Equipment Ltd. "It's a premier sale where you have enough size and volume that you get a global audience that's looking for premium equipment."
- "Ritchie Bros. makes my life a lot easier," said Robert Tappof of RTE. "They are professional and easy to deal with. All a customer has to do is go to any other auction and you know Ritchie Bros. are the best. They are honest, very knowledgeable, and they don't lead you along. Whether you are buying or selling, Ritchie Bros. goes above and beyond. You couldn't ask for anything better."
Visit rbauction.com/Edmonton for detailed equipment information on all items available in the auction.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest industrial auctioneer, and one of the world's largest sellers of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, mining, forestry and other industries. Ritchie Bros.TM asset management and disposition solutions include live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding; EquipmentOneTM, an online auction marketplace; Mascus, a global online equipment listing service; private negotiated sales through Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty; and a range of ancillary services, including financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. Ritchie Bros. has operations in 19 countries, including 45 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at rbauction.com, EquipmentOne.com, mascus.com, rbauction.com/privatetreaty and rbauction.com/financing.
Photos and video for embedding in media stories are available at rbauction.com/media.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros.
For further information: Ian Malinski, Corporate Communications Lead, +1.778.331.5432, CorpComm@rbauction.com