Ten finalists* from across the country compete for AXE Canada's Ridiculously, Ridiculously Good Summer Gig
* NOTE: A full list of finalists and their hometowns will follow this
TORONTO, Feb. 4 /CNW/ - AXE Canada is putting five guys and five girls to the test to determine which two candidates will win the summer job of a lifetime and become the brand's first-ever Consumer Consultants.
10 finalists have been selected from applications that came in from across the country, in response to AXE Canada's call for entries last November.
The top candidates hail from coast to coast and are now vying for the top two spots by completing a series of challenges online to win public votes and prove they deserve to be AXE Canada's Consumer Consultants.
Beyond a summer of unforgettable personal and professional experiences, each AXE Canada Consumer Consultant will receive a $10,000 salary, awesome individual apartments in downtown Toronto and a ton of sweet perks.
"We know that connecting with girls plays a major part in a young guy's life," says Greg Major, AXE Canada. "Our Consumer Consultants will give guys the support they need to succeed - from both sides of the gender divide."
The biggest part of the job will require the Consumer Consultants to chronicle their experiences (and exploits) on a personal blog, which will provide the rest of the world with a glimpse into the lives of the young and single.
Specifically, between June 1 and July 31, 2010, the Consumer Consultants will:
- Research the Canadian dating landscape, i.e. date and tell.
- Scoop thoughts and opinions from like-minded Canadian guys and girls.
- Organize consumer insight events... think 'man den' and
'girls night in' on bigger budgets.
- Represent their peers by providing insight to the AXE Canada team.
- Add their personal touch, roll with the punches and rise to
Canadians can visit www.axesummergig.ca between January 25 and March 31 to see the finalists compete for the job and vote for the most deserving male and female candidates. So, vote early and vote often - our Consumer Consultants will thank you... or at least the successful ones will.
List of AXE Ridiculously, Ridiculously Good Summer Gig Finalists
- James Clift of Vancouver, BC (hometown: White Rock, BC)
- Al Halavrezos of Montreal, QC (hometown: Dartmouth, NS)
- Bryan Kelly of Victoria, BC
- Max Marcus of Kingston, ON (hometown: Toronto, ON)
- Vaughn Turnbull of Saskatoon, SK
- Tatomme Flanagan of Toronto, ON (hometown: Peachland, BC)
- Brandi MacDonald of Waterloo, ON
- Jaime Neefs of Windsor, ON (hometown: Oakville, ON)
- Lauren O'Neil of London, ON (hometown: Chatham, ON)
- Maddi Rundle of Oakville, ON (hometown: Milton, ON)
For further information: For further information: Jennifer Pyne, (416) 960-5100 ext. 264, email@example.com