Client solutions leadership team expands in North America
CHICAGO, IL and TORONTO, ON, Jan. 31, 2017 /CNW/ - North America continues to emerge in 2017 as a key market for Aviva Investors, the global asset management business of Aviva plc ('Aviva'), with the firm expanding its client solutions team as it continues to focus on delivering specific investor outcomes.
Aviva Investors has grown its North American business by over 165% year-over-year to $14.24 billion USD ($18.72b CAD) in Q3 2016, up from $8.62 billion USD ($11.56b CAD) the prior year1. The growth has been largely attributed to sub-advisory relationships with Sun Life Global Investments in Canada and Virtus Investment Partners in the US, along with portfolio offerings and major accounts, including OPTrust in Canada.
The client solutions leadership team in North America has also expanded:
- Tyler McGraw has been appointed Managing Director and President of Aviva Investors Canada Inc. responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Aviva Investors Canadian Business. In addition, Mr. McGraw is also part of Client Solutions, responsible for delivering holistic investment solutions, incorporating multiple asset classes by drawing on the expertise available across Aviva Investors.
- Michael Benjamin has been appointed as a Senior Client Solutions Director to pro-actively develop new relationships with Institutional Investors and Consultants in the US. Mr. Benjamin reports into Timothy Jenkins, Head of US Sales. He joins from HSBC Global Asset Management (USA), where he was Vice President of Institutional Sales.
- Remi Tetreault, CFA has been appointed as an Investment Specialist in Canada. He joins from Manulife, where he was a manager of investment solutions and, prior to that, an investment consultant.
- Alex Knapp, CFA has been appointed as an Investment Specialist in the US. He joins from Ballentine Partners, a large independent investment advisor, where he was a Portfolio Manager and Head of Liquid Alternatives Research.
Mr. Tetreault and Mr. Knapp both report into Rahul Khasgiwale, CFA, Senior Investment Director.
Louise Kay, Global Head of Distribution and Client Relations at Aviva Investors, commented, "As we build our distribution capabilities globally and grow our business, ensuring we have the right client and consultant propositions and the highest level of service is absolutely key."
"These appointments will play a key role as the business continues to focus on becoming the global leader in outcome oriented solutions," added Aviva Investors Americas Chief Operating Officer Sean Brumble.
1. Source: Aviva Investors as of September 30, 2016 and September 30, 2015, respectively.
Aviva Investors America (AIA) and Aviva Investors Canada (AIC) are the US and Canadian members of a group of internationally affiliated investment advisers collectively referred to as Aviva Investors. Aviva Investors is the global asset management business of Aviva plc. The business delivers investment management solutions, services and client-driven performance to clients worldwide. Aviva Investors operates in 15 countries in Asia Pacific, Continental Europe, North America and the United Kingdom with assets under management of over $500 billion CAD globally as of September 30, 2016.
- Aviva provides life insurance, general insurance, health insurance and asset management to 33 million customers, across 16 markets worldwide
- In the UK we are the leading insurer serving one in every four households and have strong businesses in selected markets in Europe, Asia and Canada. Our shares are listed on the London Stock Exchange and we are a member of the FTSE100 index.
- Aviva helps people save for the future and manage the risks of everyday life; we paid out £30.7 billion in benefits and claims in 2015.
- By serving our customers well, we are building a business which is strong and sustainable, which our people are proud to work for, and which makes a positive contribution to society.
- The Aviva media centre at http://www.aviva.com/media/ includes company information, images, and a news release archive.
- For an introduction to what we do and how we do it, please click here http://www.aviva.com/about-us/aviva/
- For broadcast-standard video, please visit http://www.aviva.com/media/b-roll-library/
NOTES TO EDITORS
The information and opinions contained in this document are for use by the financial press and media only, and do not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information or opinions contained in this document nor should they be seen as advice.
The press release is provided on the basis that Aviva Investors Global Services Limited is not causing the communication of a financial promotion under exemption of the Financial Promotion Order, as Aviva Investors Global Services Limited has no control over the way in which an article based on this press release is prepared and published by the financial press and media.
Except where stated as otherwise, the source of all information is Aviva Investors Global Services Limited ("Aviva Investors") as of September 30, 2016.
Aviva Investors Canada, Inc. is located in Toronto and is based within the North American region of the global organization of affiliated asset management businesses operating under the Aviva Investors name. AIC is registered as an exempt market dealer and portfolio manager in each province of Canada and as a commodity trading manager in Ontario.
Aviva Investors Americas LLC is a federally registered investment advisor with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Aviva Investors Americas is also a commodity trading advisor ("CTA") and commodity pool operator ("CPO") registered with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission ("CFTC"), and is a member of the National Futures Association ("NFA"). Aviva Investors Americas LLC is not registered pursuant to Canadian security legislation and is relying on exemptions from certain registration requirements under such legislation.
Form ADV Part 2A, which provides background information about the firm and its business practices, is available upon written request to:
225 West Wacker Drive, Suite 2250
Chicago, IL 60606
SOURCE Aviva Investors
To view this news release in HTML formatting, please use the following URL: http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/January2017/31/c4525.html
For further information: US: Erin Clark, firstname.lastname@example.org, 646-398-9658; Canada: Bill Walker, email@example.com, 416-624-3936