CIRA's D-Zone Anycast DNS now hosting the .PT zone files, adding new protection to Portugal's domain
COPENHAGEN, Denmark, March 13, 2017 /CNW/ - Today at the ICANN meetings in Copenhagen, the Associação DNS.PT and the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) announced a partnership on global DNS services for the .PT domain. Both CIRA and the Associação DNS.PT are leading country code top-level domains (ccTLDs) with strong visions for a collaborative and inclusive global Internet.
This partnership will allow .PT to leverage CIRA's global DNS architecture to expand their DNS architecture, increasing .PT's resistance to DDoS attacks against the DNS.
- The team at .PT needed to respond to a challenging global cybersecurity threat environment with an expanded DNS service. Attacks against the DNS are becoming more frequent and more complex, and global TLDs need to ensure redundancy and resiliency in their systems.
- CIRA's D-Zone Anycast DNS instantly augments .PT's DNS architecture, adding new global nodes and comprehensive global peering with over 2300 networks.
- CIRA's D-Zone for TLDs service offers advanced query monitoring and reporting that enables ccTLDs to access packet capture (PCAP) data for expanded analysis and R&D projects.
- D-Zone was built to sustain the performance and resiliency standards of the .CA domain name space, and as such is well-suited for modern ccTLD and gTLD businesses.
"The ccTLD community, and in particular .PT, is driven by a common objective of improving the global Internet and ensuring the safety and security of the global domain name system. This partnership with CIRA give us an excellent tool to contribute to respond to new global cybersecurity threats, scaling our DNS architecture to meet the needs of a growing global domain name."
- Luisa Gueifão, Chair of the board of directors at Associação DNS.PT
"We built our D-Zone DNS Anycast service to meet the needs of .CA, making it the perfect fit for other members of our global ccTLD community. We know that the DNS is becoming a target for malicious online actors and we are working with the global Internet community to ensure that we can scale our protections, and continue to deliver safe and secure domain name services."
- Jacques Latour, CTO at CIRA
- Learn more about how CIRA is helping top-level domains respond to new threats against their DNS.
- Learn more about Anycast: D-Zone technology explained
The Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA) manages the .CA top-level domain on behalf of all Canadians. CIRA also develops technologies and services that help support its goal of building a better online Canada. The CIRA team operates one of the fastest-growing country code top-level domains (ccTLD), a high-performance global DNS network, and one of the world's most advanced back-end registry solutions.
SOURCE Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA)
For further information: Ryan Saxby Hill, communications manager, CIRA, email@example.com, 613-237-5335 ext 285 (office), 613-316-2397 (mobile)