OTTAWA, Oct. 9, 2015 /CNW/ - Jim Durrell, Chair of Hydro Ottawa's Board of Directors, was honoured by Volunteer Ottawa with the organization's prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award.
Mr. Durrell accepted the award yesterday evening at Volunteer Ottawa's 5th Annual VOscars ceremony, which honours volunteers from across the region. He was selected as the recipient of this year's Lifetime Achievement Award based on his significant contributions to the City of Ottawa as a mayor, businessman, and committed volunteer.
Mr. Durrell serves as Chair on the Board of Directors for both Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. and Hydro Ottawa Limited.
- Mr. Durrell volunteers for many charities and organizations in Ottawa, including the Ottawa Hospital, United Way Ottawa Campaign Cabinet, the Salvation Army and the Kiwanis Club of Ottawa.
- In December 2012, Mr. Durrell was appointed a Member of the Order of Canada, the country's highest civilian honour.
- In 2012, Mr. Durrell also received the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal, and the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce's inaugural Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Celebrating its 60th year, Volunteer Ottawa builds community by supporting the not-for-profit sector through education, fostering collaboration, and promoting volunteerism.
"Jim's passion for people and this city has changed many lives for the better. He enthusiastically volunteers his time to a number of charities and organizations in our community. On behalf of Hydro Ottawa, I congratulate Jim on this lifetime achievement award. Jim is someone that I admire very much, and this award is well earned."
- Bryce Conrad, President and CEO, Hydro Ottawa
"Volunteerism is a driving force within Ottawa and integral to ensuring Volunteer Ottawa's vision of an inclusive, engaged and empowered community is realized. We take great pride in recognizing, through the lifetime achievement award, the significant contribution of Jim Durrell. His leadership, vision and passion serves as a model for others. We would also like to thank Hydro Ottawa for its corporate leadership in supporting volunteers of Jim's calibre in making a difference in the lives of so many."
- Marie Eveline, Executive Director, Volunteer Ottawa
About Hydro Ottawa
Hydro Ottawa's core businesses are delivering electricity, generating renewable power and providing energy conservation/management services. Hydro Ottawa is a community-owned, private company, delivering electricity to more than 319,500 customers in Ottawa and Casselman. It is the largest municipally-owned producer of green power in the province, with hydroelectric and landfill gas-to-energy generating facilities. Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc. (Hydro Ottawa) owns and operates two subsidiary companies, Hydro Ottawa Limited and Energy Ottawa Inc.
SOURCE Hydro Ottawa Holding Inc.
For further information: Daniel Séguin, Manager, Media and Public Affairs, Hydro Ottawa, Tel: 613-738-5499 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org, www.hydroottawa.com