Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendations presented by the Honourable Erin O'Toole at ceremony in Calgary
CALGARY, July 14, 2015 /CNW/ - The Honourable Erin O'Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs, today presented the Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation to the following Alberta residents, honouring their contributions in the service of Military Veterans:
- Herman Barkemeyer, Barrhead
- Ronald Orvil Beirnes,Calgary
- Maureen Bianchini Purvis, Edmonton
- Peter J. Boyle, Calgary
- Jean Elizabeth Clay (Posthumous), Calgary
- Larry C. Coney, Drumheller
- Raymond A. Gilbert, Calgary
- Raymond R. Hessler, Chestermere
- Darrel Jones, Canmore
- Donald Jorgensen, Cold Lake
- Donald John Leonardo, Calgary
- Ev Lizotte, Calgary
- Donna Joann Maxwell, Calgary
- J. Murray McCann, Calgary
- Bobbi McCoy, Red Deer
- John F. Moreland, Lethbridge
- Thomas E. Rockburne, Calgary
- Jurgen (Joe) M.W. Schulz, Calgary
- Ann ten Pierik, Calgary
- Grant G.L. Whitson, Calgary
- Rose Wilkinson, Calgary
Through volunteer efforts, these citizens provide invaluable support to the Armed Forces Veteran community, promoting greater awareness of the sacrifices and achievements of Canada's Military Veterans, and dedicating themselves to Veteran care.
- The Minister of Veterans Affairs Commendation was created in 2001 by warrant of the Governor General and with the approval of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- The Government of Canada is proud to recognize those who honour the sacrifices and contributions of our nation's heroes.
"Canadians sincerely appreciate those who devote their time and efforts for Military Veterans. Canada's Armed Forces Veterans have served our nation with valour, pride and distinction around the world, and so it is an honour, in turn, to serve them once they are out of uniform. The desire to devote countless hours in the service of Veterans deserves great praise."
The Honourable Erin O'Toole, Minister of Veterans Affairs
SOURCE Veterans Affairs Canada
For further information: Martin Magnan, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Veterans Affairs, 613-996-4649; Media Relations, Veterans Affairs Canada, 613-992-7468