TORONTO, April 13, 2016 /CNW/ - Following special securityholder meetings today, AGF Investments Inc. announced that the following fund mergers have been approved:
- AGF Inflation Plus Bond Fund into AGF Fixed Income Plus Fund
- AGF Canadian Small Cap Discovery Fund into AGF Canadian Small Cap Fund
- AGF Canada Class into AGF Canadian Growth Equity Class
- AGF Global Value Class into AGF Global Equity Class
- AGF Global Value Fund into AGF Global Equity Fund
- AGF International Stock Class into AGF Global Equity Class
- AGF Canadian Bond Fund into AGF Fixed Income Plus Fund
"These fund mergers are part of an ongoing review of our product lineup to improve efficiencies, while ensuring the products we offer are best-in-class and meet the evolving needs of our clients," said Kevin McCreadie, President and Chief Investment Officer, AGF Investments Inc. "With a more streamlined lineup, we can ensure our products reflect our core investment management capabilities."
The mergers will take effect on or about May 20, 2016, subject to regulatory approvals.
About AGF Management Limited
AGF Management Limited is one of Canada's premier independent investment management firms with offices across Canada and subsidiaries around the world. AGF's products include a diversified family of mutual funds, mutual fund wrap programs and pooled funds. AGF also manages assets on behalf of institutional investors including pension plans, foundations and endowments as well as for private clients. With over $32 billion in total assets under management, AGF serves more than one million investors. AGF trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol AGF.B.
For further information: Media Contact: Amanda Marchment, Manager, Corporate Communications, 416-865-4169, email@example.com