OTTAWA, Dec. 22, 2016 /CNW/ -
Health Canada is advising Canadians that three unauthorized products, "Lithium Plus, Serotonin Support, and Brain Support," may pose serious health risks because they may contain the prescription drug Lithium Orotate. The products were offered for sale online and marketed to contain Lithium Orotate by the company Cutting Edge Naturals at cuttingedgenaturals.com and cuttingedgenutraceuticals.com.
Who is affected
- Consumers who have bought or used these products.
- Lithium Plus
- Serotonin Support
- Brain Support
What consumers should do
- Stop using these products. Consult with your health care professional if you have used these products and have health concerns.
- Read product labels to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized health products have an eight-digit DIN, DIN-HM or NPN. You can also check if products have been authorized for sale by searching Health Canada's Drug Product Database and Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-866-234-2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1-800-267-9675, or complete an online complaint form.
Lithium is a prescription drug and should be used only under the supervision of a health care professional. You should take Lithium only after receiving a diagnosis and prescription from a health care professional; otherwise you risk inappropriate treatment for your condition and harmful drug interactions or side effects.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada has requested that Cutting Edge Naturals remove the products from its websites and will monitor the company's actions. If additional retailers or distributors of these products are identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians.
No images available
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
To learn more about natural health products and other self-care products, visit Canada.ca/selfcare-products.
Également disponible en français
SOURCE Health Canada
For further information: Media Enquiries: Health Canada, (613) 957-2983; Public Enquiries: (613) 957-2991, 1-866 225-0709