OTTAWA, May 20, 2016 /CNW/ -
Health Canada seized an unauthorized product being promoted as a dietary supplement, Animal Test, from Supplement King, 1250 Brant Street, Unit 9a, Burlington, Ontario. This product may pose serious risks to the health of Canadians.
Who is affected:
Consumers who have bought or used any of the affected products.
What consumers should do
- Consult with your health care pratitioner if you have used this product and have health concerns.
- Read the product label to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized products have an eight-digit DIN, a DIN-HM or a NPN.
- Verify if products have been authorized for sale by searching the Drug Product Database and the Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report any adverse events to Health Canada.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free 1-800-267-9675, or complete an online complaint form.
Yohimbine is a prescription drug ingredient. The use of drugs containing yohimbine (either as yohimbine hydrochloride or yohimbe bark extract) may result in serious adverse reactions, particularly in people with high blood pressure, heart, kidney or liver disease. Side effects associated with yohimbine include increased blood pressure and heart rate, anxiety, dizziness, tremors, headache, nausea and sleep disorders. It should not be used by children, pregnant or nursing women.
How to report side effects to health products to Health Canada:
- Call toll-free at 1-866-234-2345
- Visit MedEffect Canada's web page on Adverse Reaction Reporting for information on how to report online, by mail or by fax.
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
What Health Canada is doing:
Health Canada has seized this product from the retail location. Should additional retailers or distributors of these products be identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians.
Également disponible en français
SOURCE Health Canada
PDF available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/media/2016/05/20/20160520_C5480_PDF_EN_696231.pdf
For further information: Media Enquiries: Health Canada, (613) 957-2983; Public Enquiries: (613) 957-2991, 1-866 225-0709