OTTAWA, May 2, 2017 /CNW/ -
Health Canada is advising Canadians that it has seized the unauthorized health product "Dust Extreme" by Blackstone Labs, from Minotaure Nutrition, at 5333 Laurier Blvd., Unit 130, in Terrebonne, QC.
"Dust Extreme" is promoted as a pre-workout supplement and is labelled to contain the unauthorized drug 1,3 Dimethylamylamine (DMAA), which may pose serious risks to the health of Canadians.
Who is affected
- Consumers who have bought or used this product
- Dust Extreme – Sour Gummy Bear flavour, by Blackstone Labs
What consumers should do
- Stop using this product. Consult with your health care professional if you have used this product and have health concerns.
- Read product labels to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized health products have an eight-digit Drug Identification Number (DIN), Natural Product Number (NPN) or Homeopathic Drug Number (DIN-HM). You can also check whether products have been authorized for sale by searching Health Canada's Drug Product Database and Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑866‑234‑2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑800‑267‑9675, or complete an online complaint form.
1,3-Dimethylamylamine (DMAA) is a drug that is not authorized for use in Canada. Side effects include high blood pressure, shortness of breath, chest pain, stroke and psychiatric effects.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada seized the product from the retail location. Should additional retailers or distributors of this product be identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians as necessary.
For more information
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
To learn more about natural health products and other self-care products, visit Canada.ca/selfcare-products.
Également disponible en français
SOURCE Health Canada
For further information: Media Enquiries: Health Canada, (613) 957-2983; Public Enquiries: (613) 957-2991, 1-866 225-0709