Nature’s Power Solutions Acidophilus Blend – Front of bottle (CNW Group/Health Canada)
OTTAWA, Oct. 21, 2016 /CNW/ -
Health Canada is informing Canadians that the product Nature's Power Solutions Acidophilus Blend contains undeclared milk allergens, which may pose serious health risks to people who are allergic or hypersensitive to milk. This unauthorized natural health product is marketed to help the colon and digestive system. It was sold at Joy in Health & Nutrition Inc., 4024-50 Street, Red Deer, Alberta.
Who is affected
- Consumers who are allergic or hypersensitive to milk who have purchased or used Nature's Power Solutions Acidophilus Blend.
Nature's Power Solutions Acidophilus Blend
What consumers should do
- Consult your healthcare professional if you have used this product and have health concerns.
- Read product labels to verify that health products have been authorized for sale by Health Canada. Authorized health products have an eight-digit DIN, a DIN-HM or a NPN. You can also check if products have been authorized for sale by searching Health Canada's Drug Product Database and Licensed Natural Health Product Database.
- Report adverse events to health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑866‑234‑2345, or by reporting online, by mail or by fax.
- Report complaints about health products to Health Canada by calling toll-free at 1‑800‑267‑9675, or complete an online complaint form.
What Health Canada is doing
Health Canada has requested that the retailer stop the sale of this product. Should additional retailers or distributors of this product be identified, Health Canada will take appropriate action and inform Canadians.
Individuals with milk allergies or sensitivities to milk products can experience a range of mild to severe symptoms when exposed to even small amounts of milk proteins. Symptoms may include breathing difficulties, which can be life threatening in some cases.
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
Également disponible en français
SOURCE Health Canada
PDF available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/media/2016/10/21/20161021_C8706_PDF_EN_801656.pdf
For further information: Media Enquiries: Health Canada, (613) 957-2983; Public Enquiries: (613) 957-2991, 1-866 225-0709