LA MALBAIE, QC, April 27, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - The Casino de Charlevoix, in cooperation with the Collection Loto-Québec, is pleased to present the 34th Symposium international d'art contemporain de Baie-Saint-Paul from July 29 to August 28, 2016. The Casino will also host the Coup de cœur du public prize during this very popular event among contemporary art aficionados.
- Inspired by the theme of mobility, as selected by the Musée d'art contemporain de Baie-Saint-Paul, the Casino devised a simple and fun way for the public to vote for their favourite work of art.
- Using a Casino de Charlevoix-branded interactive voting station, visitors take part in an original and entertaining experience.
- As they cast their vote on an electronic tablet, they will contribute to the progressive construction of a physical piece of artwork.
- The artist whose work is selected as the public's favourite will receive $2,000 from the Collection Loto-Québec.
- Visitors will get a chance to win a prize worth approximately $1,000, including two nights accommodation at the Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu and a gift certificate for $250, redeemable in the establishment's restaurants.
"Culture is at the very heart of our region, and the Symposium is a major lever of its development. We are very proud to participate in such a far-reaching event. Everyone comes out a winner," said Philippe Chantal, General Manager of the Casino de Charlevoix.
About the Collection Loto-Québec
The Collection Loto-Québec boasts over 4,900 works produced by over 1,200 local artists. It has been a major player in Québec's artistic heritage since its creation in 1979. The Collection is proud to support the creative environment via the development of innovative cultural partnerships.
SOURCE Casino de Charlevoix
For further information: Marilyne Desrochers, Public Relations, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7114, firstname.lastname@example.org