MONTRÉAL, Jan. 12, 2017 /CNW Telbec/ - $60,000,000: That is the sum to be shared by 27 Montérégie residents and 1 Centre-du-Québec resident thanks to the January 6th Lotto Max draw! What's more, this big win constitutes the largest jackpot ever awarded by Loto-Québec.
Now that's an event worth celebrating! The lucky winners celebrated the historic jackpot this morning at the Delta Montréal hotel, where they received their cheques during a meeting with the press.
The winners, all members of a same family, and their loved ones, played using Formule groupe, and split the prize into 20 shares, as follows:
- Annie Roy
- Gilles Leprohon
- Jacinthe Boivin Roy
- Jean-François Boivin
- Jean-Philippe Boivin
- Jean-Marie Boivin
- Julie Boivin and Bertrand Parenteau
- Marie-Eve Boivin and Vincent Roy
- Marthe Boivin
- Mylene Boivin and Jean-François Barsalou
- Robert Boivin
- Martin Giguère and Valérie Vallée
- Claudine Girard
- Sophie Le Sage-Fafard and Dave Parenteau
- Marie-Claude Normandin and Marco Lafleur
- Suzanne Rondeau Boivin and Rosaire Boivin
- Catherine Roy and Alexandre Boivin
- Jean Roy
- Sylvain Roy
- Maxime Parenteau, Centre-du-Québec
- Lottery: Lotto Max
- Prize won: $60,000,000
- Category: Jackpot
- Odds of winning:1 in 28,633,528 with one play
- Draw date: January 6, 2017
- Winners' place of residence: Montérégie and Centre-du-Québec
- Retailer: Marché du Village (98 Route 235, Ange-Gardien)
- The retailer will receive $600,000, the equivalent of 1% of the prize.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec headquarters in Montréal
- It was during a New Year's Day family dinner that Annie Roy, who purchased the lucky ticket, suggested forming a group for the upcoming Lotto Max draw.
- Her spouse, Gilles Leprohon, immediately jumped into action! A marketing specialist on contract with Loto-Québec, he asked everyone present, "Formule groupe, 20 shares, who's in?" A total of 28 people decided to participate!
- Ms. Roy's uncle, Jean-Marie Boivin, an early riser, was the first to discover the group's good fortune. He called Ms. Roy's mother, Jacinthe Boivin Roy, who called her daughter and Mr. Leprohon to give them the big news.
- Ms. Roy's first question to the couple: "Did you check your ticket?" As it was 6 a.m. on January 7, the answer was clearly no!
- With this COLOSSAL win, the group plans to make their dreams come true. The year 2017 will be filled with new homes, cars and vacations!
- "We are very happy for the winners. This jackpot gets the year 2017 off to a great start, following an exceptional 2016 in which a record number of 104 prizes of 1 million dollars or more was won in Québec," said Ms. Lynne Roiter, Acting President and CEO of Loto-Québec.
A wave of winners in Québec
- December was a very lucky month for Québec lottery fans. Three Lotto 6/49 jackpots were won in Québec: one of $5 million in Montérégie, one of $4.9 million in Montréal, and another of $12.4 million in the Outaouais. Three million-dollar Guaranteed Prizes were also won in Montréal, Montérégie and the Laurentides.
- Grande Vie, a new lottery launched in October, awarded its first grand prize in Québec. On December 26, a Montréal resident pocketed the impressive annuity of $1,000 a day for life. She opted for the lump sum of $7,000,000.
Loto-Québec's biggest jackpot ever
- This is the fifth time a jackpot of $50,000,000 or more is won in Québec. Last year, Sorel resident Marie-Claude Turcotte pocketed $50,000,000 with Lotto Max. And in 2015, the same lottery spawned several millionaires in Montérégie: 20 RONA co-workers in Boucherville shared the sum of $55,000,000.
Process when the winner is a Loto-Québec employee or supplier
- Loto-Québec's claim process is based on integrity, accuracy and transparency, and requires that the identity of all winners be verified. What's more, it prescribes the verification of all persons with ties to Loto-Québec or its subsidiaries (employees, retailers and their employees, specialists) who win $10,000 or more. That said, winners are always determined by chance. In implementing this verification process, Loto-Québec ensures that the integrity of the transaction is guaranteed and that the right prize is awarded to the right person. Loto-Québec awarded a million-dollar Maxmillions prize to 10 Casino de Montréal dealers after the Lotto Max draw of September 25, 2015.
Loto-Québec's mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities.
Lotteries site: loteries.lotoquebec.com
twitter.com/LotoQcLoteries Hashtag: #lotoquebec
Snapchat : @loto-quebec
For further information: Source: Patrice Lavoie, Corporate Director, Public Affairs, Press Relations and Social Media, Loto-Québec, 514-499-5130, email@example.com, twitter.com/patricelavoie; Information: Danny Racine, Communications Officer, Loto-Québec, 514-499-7101, firstname.lastname@example.org