THORNHILL, ON, Dec. 16, 2016 /CNW/ - Another winter storm is headed our way and CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) is reminding motorists to practice safety and patience on the roads.
6 winter driving essentials:
- Check the local forecast before heading out.
- Pack a winter emergency kit.
- Top of your windshield washer fluid.
- Ensure you have an ice scraper, snow brush, shovel and fully charged phone.
- Drive according to the road conditions.
- Letting a fellow driver into your lane and a simple thank you wave in return can make the difference on a cold and stressful winter day.
"Difficult driving conditions are still being experienced and a second round of snow is in the forecast for later this evening. We are advising all members to stay off the roads if possible for their safety. Our priority is to get to members on highways or busy roads where they are at most risk." said Tony Tsai, Director Corporate Communications, CAA SCO.
What do to if your vehicle breaks down:
- Pull off the road.
- Note your vehicle's location.
- Assess your vehicle's operation problem.
- Alert other motorists by making your vehicle visible.
- Call 911 and communicate your situation.
- Call for roadside assistance. If you are a CAA Member give your Membership number.
- Know your rights and responsibilities.
We would also like to remind drivers to slow down and move over if they see emergency or roadside assistance vehicles on the side of the road. It's the law.
The extreme cold temperatures lately have resulted in high call volumes and increased wait times. CAA SCO thanks our members for their patience during this winter weather event.
Whenever you need help, you can reach us by downloading the CAA app, visiting www.caasco.com/requestroadside or dialing *222 on your smartphone.
CAA South Central Ontario is a not-for-profit auto club offering roadside services, automotive care, travel and insurance. There are more than 1.9 million CAA members in South Central Ontario and over 5.9 million members in Canada.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario
For further information: Media contact: Jeff LeMoine, Communications Consultant, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641 or Tony Tsai, Director of Communications, email@example.com, Office (905) 747-5813, Cell: (416) 254-2653.