MONTREAL, June 16, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Anges Québec today honored some of the organization's top talent at the second annual Prix Anges Québec gala. LANDR took home the Business of the Year, Polystyvert was named Investment of the Year for its success with Anges Québec members, and Jean-Marc Rousseau, an Anges Québec member for four years, was named Angel of the Year for his financial contribution and outstanding involvement with the businesses in which he has invested.
The second annual awards gala marks the end of another banner year for the employees, investors, and entrepreneurs associated with Anges Québec, the province's leading venture capital network. And in the view of board chair Michel Brûlé, the network's exponential growth has only just begun. "Today's award winners are living proof that Quebec has a thriving culture of entrepreneurship. When forward-looking entrepreneurs find the backing they need, great things can be accomplished. As Anges Québec has reached its 100th investment, we understand that, today more than ever before, investment in homegrown entrepreneurs is critical to the province's economy. This second annual Anges Québec awards gala reflects who we are: an innovative organization that knows how to make things happen."
A word from the award-winners
- "This award is proof positive that LANDR has arrived and isn't just a startup anymore. Anges Québec has been wonderfully supportive and has believed in us from the moment we started working together."
Pascal Pilon, CEO, LANDR
LANDR provides a full suite of audio mastering services that lets users compose, mix, and modify tracks in a fully online environment.
- "For a young startup like us, it's already a great honor to be tapped for Anges Québec investment and support. This award is the confirmation that Polystyvert is destined to a bright future."
Solenne Brouard Gaillot, president, Polystyvert
Polystyvert developed an innovative green polystyrene recycling method and now services a large client list in the commercial, institutional, and municipal sectors.
- "Working with the new generation of Quebec entrepreneurs is extremely enriching. I love feeling that I'm doing my part to help these ambitious young people and their businesses get off the ground. The award I received today only adds to the pleasure I get from being part of Anges Québec, an organization that does so much for entrepreneurship in the province."
Jean-Marc Rousseau is a corporate board member and a coach to businesses and startups. From 2002 to 2005 he was president and CEO of Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en analyse des organisations (CIRANO). Prior to that, he was co-founder and vice president of R&D and business development at GIRO inc. (1979 to 2000).
A banner year by the numbers (and in 140 characters):
- Anges Québec members have made 100 investments or reinvestments in innovative Quebec companies.
- Anges Québec now boasts 180 private investors in various sectors.
- Our partners in the recapitalization of the Anges Québec Capital Fund: Government of Quebec, Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Fonds de solidarité FTQ, Investissement Québec.
- Anges Québec members funded more than 30 ventures in the past year, the highest-ever single-year total.
About Anges Québec
Anges Québec is a network of 180 investors that finds, finances, and coaches innovative companies operating in a wide range of sectors across Quebec. So far, Anges Québec members have made 100 investments and reinvestments in promising businesses in the seed and startup phases.
For more information on the Anges Québec network, visit www.angesquebec.com.
To receive updates and stay informed on Anges Québec activities, join our LinkedIn group.
SOURCE Anges Québec
For further information: and interviews, Marco Parent, 514-349-7778, firstname.lastname@example.org