TORONTO, Feb. 23, 2017 /CNW/ - The Black Arts and Innovation Expo (BAIE) is an event hosted by Excelovate and First Book Canada that ushers in a new way of celebrating Black History Month. While traditional Black History events honour the excellence of ancestors, which is important, BAIE focuses on the remarkable achievements of both current and emerging legends.
Recognizing Modern Day Canadian Heroes
In Canada, heroes come in all shapes, sizes and colours. A hero is defined as a person who is admired for their outstanding achievements or noble qualities. The Black Arts & Innovation Expo is proud to honour 12 dynamic Black Canadians. This group of distinguished pacesetters are proven leaders in their areas of expertise and offer young Canadians many shining examples of the countless ways to achieve goals and truly excel.
Today, we salute:
- Dr. Juliet Daniel – Scientist & Biology Professor: www.biology.mcmaster.ca/daniel
- Perdita Felicien – World Champion & Olympian-100m Hurdles: www.perditafelicien.com
- Shad, Recording Artist & Broadcaster: www.shadk.com
- Francis Jeffers – Curator, Int'l African Inventors Museum: www.iaimuseum.org
- Claudette McGowan – Technology & Publishing Executive: www.excelovate.com
- George Elliott Clarke, Canadian Parliamentary Poet Laureate: www.lop.parl.gc.ca
- Tamar Huggins Grant – Technology CEO & Author: www.techspark.ca
- Robert Small – Legacy Enterprises CEO: www.thelegacyposter.com
- Karlyn Percil – SisterTalk CEO & Success Coach: www.karlynpercil.com
- Dalton Higgins – Journalist, Author & PR Strategist www.daltonhiggins.wordpress.com
- That Dude McFly – Social Media Luminary & Entertainer: @thatdudemcfly
- Yasmin Warsame – Supermodel & Activist: @yazywarsame
Meet this outstanding group of leaders at the 2017 Black Arts and Innovation Expo. This one-day, one-of-a-kind event takes place on Saturday February 25th 2017 from 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm at York Mills Gallery - 1885 Leslie Street, Toronto. Tickets are $10 for adults, $5 for students. For ticket info go to www.blackexpo.ca.
For further information: and media inquiries, please contact: Dalton Higgins, firstname.lastname@example.org, 647 880 2355, 647 782 8794