Canada's Most Prestigious Prize for Literary Non-Fiction
Author appearance, Round table, Special Event: IFOA Weekly
TORONTO, Feb. 19, 2016 /CNW/ - The non-fiction book event of the winter with all five finalists for the 2016 RBC Taylor Prize . Moderated by The Globe and Mail's Mark Medley, This lively discussion will be followed by an audience Q&A and book signing.
Presented by the Toronto Public Library and International Festival of Authors (IFOA)/
Plan to attend on Thursday, March 3 at 7:00pm. The finalists are:
- Ian Brown for Sixty: The Beginning of the End, or the End of the Beginning? published by Random House Canada. The multiple award-winner reaches middle age and reports back
- Camilla Gibb for This Is Happy published by Doubleday Canada. A memoir about the happiness to be found in the creation of family
- David Halton for Dispatches from the Front: Matthew Halton, Canada's Voice at War published by McClelland & Stewart. Journalist David Halton writes about his father, CBC's 'Voice of Canada at War.'
- Wab Kinew for The Reason You Walk published by Viking Canada. A memoir about connecting with and learning from his dying father
- Rosemary Sullivan for Stalin's Daughter: The Extraordinary and Tumultuous Life of Svetlana Alliluyeva published by HarperCollins Publishers. The remarkable life of the Soviet leader's only child
Toronto Reference Library, Atrium
789 Yonge Street Toronto M4W 2G8
Cost: FREE. The Library requests that attendees register at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/rbc-taylor-prize-awards-atrium-tickets-19745439140
The presenting sponsor of the RBC Taylor Prize is RBC Wealth Management. Its media sponsors are The Globe and Mail (exclusive newspaper sponsor), CNW Group, The Huffington Post Canada, Maclean's magazine, and Quill & Quire magazine; its in-kind sponsors are Ben McNally Books, Event Source, IFOA, The Omni King Edward Hotel, and the Toronto Public Library Board.
For General information about the prize visit: www.rbctaylorprize.ca.
Follow the Prize on Twitter at www.twitter.com/taylorprize and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/RBCTaylorPrize.
To download high-resolution images of the finalists and their book covers, please go to www.rbctaylorprize.ca/2016/2016_shortlist.zip.
MEDIA WELCOME TO COVER:
SOURCE Charles Taylor Prize
For further information: Media contact: Stephen Weir & Associates, Stephen Weir: 416.489.5868, cell: 416.801.3101, email@example.com