LONDON, Sept.12, 2014 /CNW/ - With R&D spending in the oil and gas sector set to increase by 10% in 2015, the role of intellectual property management has become a significant source of risk and potential reward. Nowhere is this more apparent than in Alberta, where Canadian energy companies are filing four times more oil and gas technology patents than they did a decade ago, and the story is much the same across the entire North American region.
With this in mind, the Oil and Gas Intellectual Property Summit North America, the only event of its kind, has been designed to provide insight into the full intellectual property life cycle, from creation through to methods for protection and monetization. The conference, hosted by Oil & Gas IQ - a division of global events company IQPC - will be a unique opportunity for Big Oil, NOCs and vendors to discuss key issues for the industry including protection and litigation, licencing and monetization of patents, patenting in emerging markets and internal strategies.
"Traditionally Oil and Gas companies prefer niche, focused events as opposed to cross industry gatherings. That's why the Oil and Gas Intellectual Property Summit North America is attracting the industry's key players" - Will Robinson, Summit Director
Expert speakers at this industry forum will include:
- Paul Matthews, Intellectual Property Advisor, Cenovus Energy
- George Jonas, Global Patent Managing Counsel - Downstream, BP
- Jacqueline Chernys, Senior Counsel - Intellectual Property, Nexen Energy
- Catherine Laureshen, Leader - Petroleum Technology, Statoil Canada
- Chris Obaditch, Director of Intellectual Property Management, Fluor
- Soheil Asgarpour, President, Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada
- Speaker TBC, Intellectual Property Counsel, Chevron
- Sylvain Laporte, Chief Executive Officer, The Canadian Intellectual Property Office
- Ken Porter, Vice President - Intellectual Property Management, Innovate Calgary
- Candace Kamperman, Legal Counsel, Fluor
- Pamela McLean, Intellectual Property Rights Coordinator, Statoil Canada
- Anthony Venturino, Partner, Novak, Druce, Connolly and Quigg
- Sarah MacLeod, Corporate Counsel, Brion Energy
The Oil & Gas IP Summit North America will take place on 17th - 19th November 2014 in Calgary, Canada. Find the full programme, speaker list and registration form at http://www.oilandgasipcalgary.com/news, call +44(0)20-7036-1300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press are invited to attend this important industry forum. If you would like a complimentary press pass please email Nishkala Thiru at Nishkala.Thiru@iqpc.co.uk.
SOURCE: Oil & Gas IQ
For further information: Media contact: Nishkala Thiru, +44(0)20-7368-9725, Nishkala.Thiru@iqpc.co.uk or visit http://www.oilandgasipcalgary.com/news.