HAMPSTEAD, QC, Sept. 17, 2014 /CNW Telbec/ - The Town of Hampstead announces temporary road closures and modifications to parking zones during its Centennial Parade and Concert Sunday, September 21.
The parade leaves from the corner of Queen Mary Road and Northcote at 12 pm, turns east on Fleet and ends at Hampstead Park, where the concert will be held at 2 pm.
The parade features over 60 groups representing more than 850 participants. In order to accommodate the parade line-up and concert the following road closures during the parade and no parking zones while staging the event will be in effect:
- Queen Mary – between Northcote and Fleet from 11:30 am - 2 pm.
- Fleet – between Netherwood E. and Netherwood W. from 11:30 am - 2 pm.
- Thurlow – between Hampstead and Northcote from 9 am - 2 pm.
Detour: East-west traffic on Fleet will be re-routed on Netherwood Crescent.
- Northcote – between Thurlow to Queen Mary from 9 am - 2 pm.
- Queen Mary, north side – between Finchley and Northcote from 9 am - 3 pm.
- Merton, west side – from Finchley to Queen Mary from 9 am - 3 pm.
- Downshire – between Hampstead Rd. and Minden from 9 am - 3 pm.
- Queen Mary – between Northcote and Fleet from 9 am - 3 pm.
- Finchley – between Fleet and Lyncroft from 9 am - 11 pm.
- Lyncroft – between Finchley and Merton from 9 am - 11 pm.
- Hampstead – between Lyncroft and Queen Mary from 9 am - 11 pm.
- Holmdale and Finchley between the circle and Queen Mary from 10:30 - 11:30 am.
The public is advised to park on nearby streets while the no parking restrictions are in effect or to use public transportation: Metro Plamondon, #161 bus.
We apologize for any inconvenience theses temporary traffic restrictions may cause.
SOURCE: Town of Hampstead
For further information: Cynthia Lane, Communications Officer, T.: 514-369-8238, firstname.lastname@example.org