SOTI Simplifies BYOD with Industry First User-Based Licensing Model
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 7, 2013 /CNW/ - (Gartner ITxpo Booth #545) – SOTI Inc., the world's most trusted provider in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy management, today announced significant updates to its leading device management solution, MobiControl. MobiControl 11 delivers choice and simplicity to the device management landscape, including enhanced functionality for next generation mobility providing the most flexible management tools regardless of device or platform.
SOTI MobiControl 11 Highlights:
- Manage It All: With growing trends towards consumerization of IT and the consolidation of rugged and consumer devices, SOTI recognizes the need to provide immediate support of the latest devices, OEMs and operating systems. MobiControl 11 supports everything new in the mobile ecosystem including Samsung KNOX, iOS 7, Amazon Kindle Fire HDX, Windows Phone 8.1, Windows Handheld Embedded and much more. Whether BYOD, corporate liable, rugged or semi-rugged devices, SOTI MobiControl gives organizations the flexibility to choose the technology that fits their needs and to manage it all from a single pane of glass.
- User-Based Licensing: Organizations are now able to select a user-based licensing model that simplifies administration, enhances security and provides users with the flexibility to use multiple mobile devices in the workplace. The user-based licensing model offers significant cost savings, helping organizations overcome budgetary constraints. Gartner predicts that organizations will be spending more than $300 per employee per year on mobile apps, security, management and support by 2016. With SOTI's user-based licensing model, costs could be reduced to as little as $60 per employee per year.
- MYOD Self-Service Portal: MobiControl's MYOD (Manage Your Own Device) self-service portal equips device users with tools to manage their mobile devices, thereby reducing IT support costs and increasing productivity. Management features allow users to reset passwords, wipe data on a lost or stolen device, lock a misplaced device, send messages to a device, locate their device via geo-tracking, gain visibility into their apps and much more.
- Geo-Aware Content Access: Based on a device's location, enterprises can restrict access to sensitive corporate information while still providing users uninterrupted access to their personal applications and data.
- Mass Configuration & Application Provisioning: Device settings and apps can be automatically configured and deployed with limited to no user interaction required. SOTI MobiControl's unique ability to automate app configuration dramatically reduces the workload for IT administrators when deploying large numbers of devices.
Carl Rodrigues, President and CEO, SOTI, said: "We are extremely excited about MobiControl 11. This version brings to market several key technologies and advancements that push the boundaries of enterprise mobility management, while providing our customers with the tools they need to deal with the rapidly evolving mobile ecosystem.
Choosing the right mobility management solution is perhaps the most strategic investment a company can make toward ensuring the success of their mobile operations. The right solution means that as a company's mobile operations grow, they have the tools to effectively manage it. In addition to typical management features, MobiControl includes advanced toolsets like Helpdesk, Geo-Tracking and Antivirus, as well as support for a broad range of devices including mobile phones, tablets, rugged devices, desktop computers, printers and more."
SOTI MobiControl 11 will be available in late October 2013. For more information about SOTI MobiControl 11, visit http://www.soti.net/MobiControl/
About SOTI Inc.
SOTI is the world's most trusted provider of Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions with over 10,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI develops industry-leading solutions for Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM), allowing organizations to support corporate-liable and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies. SOTI MobiControl solves the unique challenges involved in managing, securing, supporting and tracking mobile and desktop computing devices across all platforms. For more information, visit us at www.soti.net, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +1-888-624-9828 (NA), +44 1213680675 (UK) or +61 3 90015554 (Australia).
SOURCE: SOTI Inc.
For further information: