Kraków Airport to Host the Region's Largest Route Development Event in 2016
KRAKOW, Poland, June 10, 2014 /CNW/ - It was announced today, during a press conference in Kraków, that Routes Europe will return to Poland in 2016 when the 11th Routes Europe takes place 24-26 April 2016 in Kraków, the historic capital of the Małopolska Region. The event, which is the largest regional Routes event, will be hosted by Kraków Airport and its partners the Małopolska Region, the Municipality of Kraków and Małopolska Tourism Organisation.
Routes Europe is the essential annual gathering for all aviation based companies wishing to conduct business to, from and within the European region. This will be the second time that Routes Europe has taken place in Poland, the first ever Routes Europe welcomed almost 300 delegates when the event took place in Warsaw in 2006, and over 1,200 delegates are expected to attend the event in 2016 including representatives from the region's leading airlines, airports, tourism authorities and other industry stakeholders.
"Hosting the prestigious Routes Europe conference is beneficial for both the airport and the region," says Jan Pamuła, President of the Board, Kraków Airport explaining: "We welcome the decision of UBM, because taking on the role of the host is a great honor for us and confirmation that we have adopted the correct strategy. It's a proof of our strong position in the European market, an opportunity to present our potential to new airlines and strong marketing support, while for Kraków and the Małopolska Region it is a chance for promotion among tourism industry opinion leaders. We are deeply convinced that thanks to the experience of UMB Team the conference will be organized at the highest level."
"We are thrilled to be taking Routes Europe to Kraków and returning to Poland in 2016," commented Ged Brown, Head of Future Events, Routes for UBM Live continuing: "Kraków Airport's route network has seen year on year growth with both direct and connecting routes and in 2015 the airport will undergo a restructure which will increase capacity to 8 million annual passengers. Routes Europe 2016 will provide an opportunity to showcase this to the Routes community. Delegates will also experience Kraków and the many historic and cultural attractions it has to offer. Kraków Airport has been attending Routes events for many years and we now look forward to working even more closely with their team to deliver Routes Europe in 2016."
The Małopolska Region has a population of 3.3 million and attracts 9 million tourists each year and Kraków, which is the second largest city in Poland offers 1,004 cultural institutions including museums, galleries, cinemas, theatres and music facilities and in addition, there are 8 sites from the Małopolska Region that are UNESCO World Heritage sites, three of which are located in Kraków.
Kraków Airport is situated just over 11km from the city centre and has a catchment area of 11 million inhabitants within a two hour drive. In 2013 the airport welcomed over 3.5 million passengers and provided connection to almost 70 destinations such as Frankfurt, Moscow, London, Paris and Rome operated by 15 airlines.
Kraków Airport has been taking part in Routes Europe since 2006 and in both 2013 and 2014 the airport received highly commended in their category at the Routes Europe Marketing Awards.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm‐global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
About Kraków Airport
- Kraków Airport is a leader among regional airports in Poland, constantly expanding its schedule and charter services. Airport is situated just 11 km from the city centre and has a catchment area of 11 million inhabitants within a two hour drive. In 2013 the airport welcomed over 3.6 million passengers and it was the best year in history of the airport.
- During last 10 years, Kraków Airport passenger traffic has been increasing at the level of 18% per annum, giving perspective of reaching 7 million passengers at 2030.
- In summer season 2014 Kraków Airport is offering 62 direct scheduled services with 6 new routes: Shannon, Split, Barcelona, Brussels, Split and Heringsdorf operated by 15 airlines and 16 charters connections.
- The airport is currently undergoing the biggest in its history construction process targeted for doubling its annual capacity already in 2015. The investments process includes: new, spacious terminal that will be connected, by means of a footbridge, with a new train station located behind the multi-storey car park, internal road system, airside infrastructure and Garden Inn Hotel.
- Kraków Airport has been attending Routes Europe events since 2006, in last two year the airport was awarded as highly commended in its category at the Routes Europe Marketing Awards.
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute, @KrakowAirport.
SOURCE: UBM Live Routes Ltd
For further information: Victoria Jones Communications Manager Routes T: +44 (0)161-234-2730 E: firstname.lastname@example.org; Urszula Podraza Press Officer Kraków Airport T: +48-664-404-486 E: email@example.com