Enterprise World 2013 Showcases Latest Innovations in Enterprise Information Management, Arming CIOs with the Power to Compete in the New Information Economy
ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 20, 2013 /CNW/ - Today, at its Enterprise World 2013 conference in Orlando, Florida, OpenText™ (NASDAQ: OTEX, TSX: OTC), the global leader in Enterprise Information Management (EIM), announced Project Red Oxygen, the company's first harmonized release of new EIM software advancements designed to give CIOs the power to extract value from their enterprise information and accelerate competitive advantage. Nearly 2,000 customers, partners and thought leaders from around the world will be among the first to see the Project Red Oxygen product demonstration live as it's unveiled during OpenText CEO Mark J. Barrenechea's keynote address at Enterprise World 2013.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/62764-opentext-s-red-oxygen-redefines-enterprise-software-enterprise-world-2013
"Project Red Oxygen is the next generation of enterprise software and a powerful testimony to our commitment to lead the EIM marketplace," said OpenText CEO Mark J. Barrenechea. "Every business needs an information management strategy to capitalize on their unstructured data, and Project Red Oxygen will give CIOs the power to discover, manage and leverage that information to drive growth and innovation across their organization."
New Product Suites Accelerate Innovation, Growth and Competitive Advantage/
Project Red Oxygen consists of five new comprehensive and integrated product suites, designed to accelerate competitive advantage and provide a convenient way to buy and deploy enterprise information management solutions. Driven by customer feedback, Project Red Oxygen delivers a unified developer platform, an engaging and consistent user experience, deep integration across suites, and major new functional enhancements to enable CIOs to partner with lines of business to drive innovation and growth.
The new Project Red Oxygen product suites include:
- Content Suite: The foundation of OpenText Enterprise Information Management, the Content Suite provides businesses with an agile information governance strategy that accelerates the time to information governance by allowing users to apply consistent policies across any type of content in the enterprise to maintain a secure, single source of truth and effectively manage content throughout its lifecycle.
- Process Suite: Accelerating time to results, the Process Suite provides a business process platform and applications that enable organizations to rapidly understand and automate even the most complex processes. The suite is a platform for case management, business process management, service delivery, and business process transparency. Recent innovations include cloud, mobile and social capabilities that maximize flexibility, and deployment options for businesses.
- Experience Suite: Accelerating time to market, the Experience Suite provides solutions that speed collaborative media curation, creation, and personalization to ensure that each user gets the best possible experience at every point of interaction. It is a platform to manage media, web and social assets and allows solutions to be rapidly built to address digital marketing, customer self-service, social communities and brand management.
- Information Exchange Suite: Accelerating time to transaction, the new Information Exchange Suite provides solutions that enable people to accelerate and control how information is delivered – increasing the security and reliability of sensitive or complex communications. It includes solutions for secure email and secure managed file transfer, notifications, and fax and enables users to exchange any information, from anywhere, in any format with complete confidence.
- Discovery Suite: Accelerating time to value, the new Discovery Suite addresses "big content" – unintegrated, unstructured and unmanaged information – with applications that enable organizations to derive value from the ever-expanding volume of content trapped in silos to rapidly transition from query, to insight, to action.
Introducing the AppWorks Developer Platform
Foundational to all suites is AppWorks, an entirely new unified development platform that provides a secure gateway for developers to create, deploy and manage applications that use OpenText services from any platform. AppWorks is a common API across the five EIM product suites and a developer platform that accelerates 'time to solution', binding all of OpenText's EIM product suites together to rapidly integrate capabilities amongst and between them.
"The developer network is one of our strongest assets and the introduction of AppWorks will give developers the power to build multiple applications that help businesses more effectively harness their data," said Muhi Majzoub, senior vice president, engineering, OpenText. "Customers, partners and third parties will be able to build applications that meet their exact needs to better compete in today's new information economy."
AppWorks takes cost, risk and complexity out of application development by giving developers access to rich EIM capabilities through simple API calls. The AppWorks Gateway also delivers a write-once for applications that work on desktop, browser, and mobile devices, addressing the needs of OpenText customers and partners by helping them to minimize the cost of building applications that run on any screen, and allowing them to develop and deploy new applications on their existing investments.
For details on availability of the new EIM product suites and AppWorks, visit opentext.com/projectredoxygen
Learn more about OpenText EIM:
OpenText provides Enterprise Information Management software that helps companies of all sizes and industries to manage, secure and leverage their unstructured business information, either in their data center or in the cloud. Over 50,000 companies already use OpenText solutions to unleash the power of their information. To learn more about OpenText (NASDAQ: OTEX; TSX: OTC), please visit: www.opentext.com.
Certain statements in this press release may contain words considered forward-looking statements or information under applicable securities laws. These statements are based on OpenText's current expectations, estimates, forecasts and projections about the operating environment, economies and markets in which the company operates. These statements are subject to important assumptions, risks and uncertainties that are difficult to predict, and the actual outcome may be materially different. OpenText's assumptions, although considered reasonable by the company at the date of this press release, may prove to be inaccurate and consequently its actual results could differ materially from the expectations set out herein. For additional information with respect to risks and other factors which could occur, see OpenText's Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and other securities filings with the SEC and other securities regulators. Unless otherwise required by applicable securities laws, OpenText disclaims any intention or obligations to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright ©2013 Open Text Corporation. OpenText is a trademark or registered trademark of Open Text SA and/or Open Text ULC. The list of trademarks is not exhaustive of other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, company names, brands and service names mentioned herein are property of Open Text SA or other respective owners. All rights reserved. For more information, visit: http://www.opentext.com/2/global/site-copyright.html_SKU.
For further information:
Further information: Kasey Holman, OpenText, +1 415-500-9551, PublicRelations@OpenText.com, or Katie Carbone, Weber Shandwick, +1 617-520-7135, email@example.com
PRN Photo Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org