SASKATOON, May 27, 2014 /CNW/ -
What: As part of a national roadshow on equity crowdfunding presented by the National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA), Saskatoon's Chamber of Commerce will host "Leading the Way: Saskatchewan's Emerging Equity Crowdfunding Environment" on May 28 at the Delta Bessborough Hotel.
Indie Ink Publishing CEO and Saskatchewan NCFA Ambassador, Suzanne Paschall said, "Saskatchewan is the first and only Canadian province to have approved an equity crowdfunding specific exemption from securities law to raise capital. As Canada's entrepreneurial hot spot, Saskatchewan leads the way in this newest niche in the financing continuum, and we're excited to present this educational opportunity and forum for entrepreneurs and investors to come together to participate in its success."
- A breakfast forum including six speakers representing all perspectives, from investor to entrepreneur, to legal, accounting, portal owner and regulatory. Special guest Alixe Cormick of VentureLawCorp in Vancouver, an equity crowdfunding expert, will lead off the discussion.
- A free workshop for entrepreneurs called "To Equity CF or not to Equity CF: What are the Questions?" sponsored by the FCAA and presented by Alixe Cormick and Taunya Woods-Richardson of KOLO.
- A press conference from a new Saskatchewan company who will soon be launching one of Canada's first equity crowdfunding portals under the new Saskatchewan exemption.
- Moderator: Suzanne Paschall, Saskatchewan Ambassador, National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA)
- Special Guest: Alixe Cormick Venture Law Corp., Vancouver
- Dave Wild, Chair, FCAA
- Les Schaevitz, CEO, Holistic Funding Systems Corporation
- Chris Masich, McKercher LLP
- Wayne Watts, Liquid Capital Corp.
- Blair Knippel, Deloitte/Saskatchewan Capital Network
When: Wednesday, May 28, 2014, 7:30AM -11:30AM (CST); Registration from 7:30AM (CST)
Where: Delta Bessborough Hotel
601 Spadina Crescent, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7K 3G8 Canada (map)
Contact Suzanne Paschall for a media pass firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-280-6578.
Event Page: here
About the National Crowdfunding Association of Canada
The National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA Canada) is a newly formed cross-Canada non-profit with the mandate to be inclusive in providing education, advocacy and awareness in the emerging crowdfunding industry. NCFA Canada is community-based, membership-driven entity that was formed at a grass-roots level to fill a national need in the market place. Members are industry stakeholders (portals, experts, service providers, and enablers), small businesses and entrepreneurs using crowdfunding to fund their initiatives, and investors seeking to learn more and connect with a dynamic and growing crowd. For more information please visit www.ncfacanada.org.
SOURCE: National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA Canada)
For further information: Media Event Contact, Suzanne Paschall, NCFA Saskatchewan Ambassador, CEO, Indie Ink Publishing, Saskatoon, p. (306) 280-6578, e. email@example.com; Media NCFA Contact, Craig Asano, NCFA Canada, Executive Director, Toronto, p. (416) 618-0254, e. firstname.lastname@example.org