Video: Loyalist College launches new fully responsive website
Belleville, ON, June 10, 2014 /CNW/ - Loyalist College is pleased to announce the launch of the new loyalistcollege.com website, created to excite and inform prospective students and their influencers about Loyalist post-secondary education offerings. The site also connects current students with easy access to information on academics, athletics, awards, campus life, and student success services. The website aims to engage future students using several themes, developed after Loyalist sought extensive feedback from current and prospective students about what they want in a College website. Designed to optimize mobile experiences, the website uses a completely responsive design, providing easy access to program information, search functionality and contact information.
"When you visit us online, you will be immersed into the vibrant Loyalist learning and living experiences, which set the College apart," said Loyalist College President Maureen Piercy. "Through authentic images and videos highlighting our small classes, teaching excellence and fun student life, future students will feel the difference that comes from belonging to our close-knit College community. At Loyalist, we are committed to ensuring our graduates are well equipped for tomorrow's workplace. Despite a challenging economy, 88.1 percent of Loyalist graduates found jobs within six months of graduation, compared with the average of 83.4 percent for Ontario Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology."
Compliant with AODA – Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act – the website is developed on a new technical platform, which extends the College's capabilities now and in the future as new applications are added. The new website incorporates the following themes:
- Storytelling – Graduates, students and faculty are introduced through short videos and revolving grids of photos with interactive pop-up testimonials. Through personal success stories of College ambassadors, Loyalist aims to create meaningful connections with future students.
- Social media – On the home page, a rotating grid of social media channels dynamically pulls in posts, enabling prospective students and their friends and family to quickly receive College updates and easily engage with Loyalist and their peers.
- Calendar of events – On the home page, a stylized College calendar centralizes on-campus events, academic deadlines and community activities to convey the breadth of opportunities with which students can get involved.
- Clear choices – Simplified navigation allows prospective students to search the College's 65 full-time programs by career or credentials.
- Visual Impact – To capture the friendly, welcoming vibe, for which the College is known, the website uses a bright, primary colour palette.
New website promotional video: http://youtu.be/hzGwh7OVIxk
About Loyalist College
Located on 212 acres in the beautiful Bay of Quinte region, Loyalist College is a close-knit community where students and their success come first. Internationally renowned for its enriched student learning and living experiences, Loyalist provides personalized attention in small classes, rewarding field placements and superior success services. To prepare students for in-demand careers, Loyalist offers 65 full-time programs; apprenticeships; and 850 online, distance and in-class courses, as well as opportunities for continuing education through more than 70 university transfer agreements. The College's wide selection of advanced diplomas, diplomas and certificates aligns with market-driven disciplines including applied sciences, biosciences, building sciences, business and management studies, health sciences, human studies, justice studies, media, arts and design, and skills and technology. In Ontario, the College's new Digital Media Centre and the LEED® Silver certified Sustainable Skills, Technology and Life Sciences Centre are training centres of choice for students, as well as College business and industry partners. For more information on the College's Belleville and Bancroft campuses, visit loyalistcollege.com.
Image with caption: "Loyalist College launches new fully responsive website (CNW Group/Loyalist College)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140610_C1833_PHOTO_EN_3583.jpg
Image with caption: "Loyalist College logo (CNW Group/Loyalist College)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140610_C1833_PHOTO_EN_3584.jpg
Video with caption: "Video: Loyalist College launches new fully responsive website". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20140610_C1833_VIDEO_EN_3585.mp4&poster=http%3A%2F%2Fphotos.newswire.ca%2Fimages%2F20140610_C1833_VIDEO_EN_3585.jpg&order=3&jdd=20140610&cnum=C1833
SOURCE: Loyalist College
For further information: Kerry Lorimer, Director, Marketing and Communications, Loyalist College, firstname.lastname@example.org, (613) 969-1913, ext. 2536