Local flavours and fares for the Honda Indy Toronto
TORONTO, July 5, 2012 /CNW/ - Centerplate, North America's leading event hospitality provider, will again partner with the Honda Indy Toronto. The Honda Indy Toronto is Ontario's largest annual sporting event and will take place this year from July 6th- 8th on the streets surrounding Exhibition Place and downtown Toronto.
"We are offering a wide variety of snacks, beverages and meals to enhance our guests' enjoyment of the race," said Ashton Sequeira, Centerplate's Vice President responsible for the event. "Our talented culinary team has developed a number of local dishes that celebrate this event and Ontario by using local, seasonal items. We are also very proud to be partnering with several local businesses."
Centerplate will also provide a 'Streets of Toronto' food area to capture the local Toronto flair. The company will partner with over 20 local businesses to further support its efforts with community building. In addition, Centerplate is excited about creating a Craft Beer experience with local craft brewer sponsors, Amsterdam and Muskoka, to bring local craft beer experience to the event.
To serve the tens of thousands of expected race-goers, Centerplate will staff over 300 team members in its hospitality operations. In addition to providing quick-serve options for general admission attendees and the Craft Beer House, Centerplate will also provide all meal services for Ferrari North America's VIP hospitality, over 40 premium private suites and various other catering areas throughout the grounds.
Centerplate has worked with local purveyors and the region's farmers to create a menu rich in Ontario ingredients created specifically for the event, including:
- A creamy Pommery Mustard New Red Skin Potato Salad with scallions, Dinkly Farm red and green peppers, diced pickles, pommery mustard dressing
- A Muffaletta Sub with traditional olive mix and a variety of Ontario deli meats and cheeses, herbed mayonnaise, chiffonade of lettuce, and tomatoes
- Chef Suman's signature grilled, juicy hand-made 10 ounce hamburger made with Ontario grain-fed beef, aged cheddar cheese, caramelized onion, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.
- Israeli Couscous and Quinoa Salad made with Prince Edward County grape tomatoes and cucumber, pine nuts, apricots, red onion, cumin, olives, red peppers and raspberry dressing
- Tender Slow-braised Beef Short Ribs served with Yukon gold and sweet potato marble mash
- Grilled Antipasto Platter with local fresh and seasonal vegetables, Niagara cheeses and cured Ontario meats
"We are excited to again be partnering with Centerplate for this special event," said Kevin Savoree, Co-owner and Chief Operating Officer for the Honda Indy Toronto. "They have the talent, experience, and insight to support our world-class experience vision."
Centerplate crafts and delivers "Craveable Experiences. Raveable Results." in 250 prominent sports, entertainment and convention venues across North America. Centerplate has provided services to 13 Super Bowls, 20 World Series, the South Beach Wine and Food Festival, Art Basel Miami Beach, 15 official U.S. Presidential Inaugural Balls and the largest plated dinner in history at the Alpha Kappa Alpha Centennial Celebration. Visit the company online at www.centerplate.com.
About Honda Indy Toronto
The Honda Indy Toronto takes place July 6-8, 2012 on the streets surrounding Exhibition Place near Lake Ontario and downtown Toronto. With 26 years of IndyCar racing history in Toronto, the Honda Indy Toronto is among the most respected motorsports events in North America and includes the fastest racing series on the planet, celebrity athletes, and a festival of live entertainment and interactive activities.
For more information, visit hondaindytoronto.com. Follow the Honda Indy Toronto on Twitter @HondaIndy and 'Like' us on Facebook at facebook.com/HondaIndyToronto.
For further information:
Ashley Luneburg, +1-203-975-5903