Canadians divided on what they hope to find under the mistletoe this holiday season

Consensus attained on 'fresh breath' as primary holiday kissing concern

TORONTO, Nov. 26, 2013 /CNW/ - As Canadians prepare for the holiday season, Tic Tac has unwrapped the results of a national survey on festive kissing habits that may bring more joy to your world.

So what do Canadians hope to find under the mistletoe during this soirée-filled season?  Almost half of respondents (43%) claim to be in search of something naughty, while the other half (57%) prefers something - or someone - nice.

Common ground can be found in hang-ups around the holiday's close encounters: Nearly half (48%) of Canadians cite 'fresh breath' as their primary holiday kissing concern, with 'soft lips' coming in a distant second (21%).

"The holidays are all about reconnecting with people," says Pamela Coolican, Brand Manager for Tic Tac Canada. "It's understandable that Canadians want to keep their encounters fresh - and we can help."

The Ipsos Reid survey on Canadian kissing habits, commissioned by Tic Tac, also found:

  • We're opportunists: Two-thirds of Canadians view mistletoe as an opportunity, rather than a threat.
  • Half of women (46%) want their kissing partner to boast 'minty fresh' breath, while men prefer 'to be surprised' (35%), followed closely by a partner who's breath is sweet (32%).
  • The majority of Canadians (84%) agree that the best way to avoid an awkward holiday kissing encounter is to always be prepared.

Whether it's someone you haven't seen since last year, or an oh-so- strategically timed entrance under the mistletoe, make sure you keep things fresh this holiday. Arm yourself with limited-edition Tic Tac Holiday Twist packs, available in Cinnamon & Fresh Mint if you're looking to spice things up, or Cherry & Apple if you're playing nice (and sweet) this holiday.

Product details:

Tic Tac Holiday Twist Cinnamon & Fresh Mint and Cherry & Apple (49g, ARP $2.69) are available in all major grocery, drug, convenience and mass retailers for a limited time.

These survey results are findings of an Ipsos ASI poll conducted between September 25-30, 2013 on behalf of Tic Tac. For this survey, a sample of 1,007 Canadians from Ipsos' Canadian online panel were interviewed online.

Image with caption: "Tic Tac wants to help Canadians keep things fresh under the mistletoe this holiday with the release of their limited-edition Holiday Twist packs in Cinnamon & Fresh Mint and Cherry & Apple. (CNW Group/Ferrero Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20131126_C4889_PHOTO_EN_33829.jpg

SOURCE: Ferrero Canada

For further information:

Erin Stewart
Kitchen Sink Communications
erin@kitchensinkcommunications.com
902.229.7882

Profil de l'entreprise

Ferrero Canada

Renseignements sur cet organisme

Tic Tac Canada

Renseignements sur cet organisme


FORFAITS PERSONNALISÉS

Jetez un coup d’œil sur nos forfaits personnalisés ou créez le vôtre selon vos besoins de communication particuliers.

Commencez dès aujourd'hui .

ADHÉSION À CNW

Remplissez un formulaire d'adhésion à CNW ou communiquez avec nous au 1-877-269-7890.

RENSEIGNEZ-VOUS SUR LES SERVICES DE CNW

Demandez plus d'informations sur les produits et services de CNW ou communiquez avec nous au 1‑877-269-7890.