- 2015 sees new event for UBM Live as inaugural Routes MENA takes place in the Kingdom of Bahrain
MANCHESTER, England, June 19, 2014 /CNW/ - It was announced today that in 2015 the first ever Routes MENA will take place in the Kingdom of Bahrain, hosted by Bahrain Airport Company, late November 2015. This inaugural event will see route development professionals from across the MENA region gather to discuss air service development to, from, and within the region.
Bahrain, which is located in the Arabian Gulf, has a history of aviation that dates back to the early 1920's. Historically it has acted as a gateway between the East and West providing a natural transit destination for early trade routes and a strategic hub for the Northern Gulf. In addition to benefiting from a significant strategic location, The Kingdom of Bahrain is also rich in history and culture with some historical sites dating back more than 4,000 years.
"It is with great anticipation that we welcome the Routes MENA 2015 to the Kingdom of Bahrain," said Mohamed Yousif Al Binfalah, Chief Executive Officer, Bahrain Airport Company: "We are delighted to be bringing this prestigious event to Bahrain where we can show our visitors, first-hand the warm, welcoming culture of our people and experience the efficient and friendly airport which makes this country proud. Securing this prestigious inaugural event is the result of the collective efforts of our partners and stakeholders and we are confident that this world-class forum will reiterate Bahrain's role as an aviation hub in the MENA region and highlight our deep-seeded aviation heritage."
"The MENA region has become very important from an aviation perspective. It represents nearly 11% of global aviation - about double its share from a decade ago - driven by global hub strategies in the Gulf and liberal aviation access policies," said Katie Bland, Director Routes for UBM Live continuing: "We're delighted that Bahrain Airport Company is hosting our very first Routes MENA event dedicated to air service development to, from and within the MENA region and look forward to working with their team."
Bahrain Airport Company is currently in the design phase of a significant modernisation programme for Bahrain International Airport with construction due to commence in Q2 of 2015. Bahrain enjoys an open skies policy and offers unrestricted access to a catchment area of more than 5m that extends to the eastern province of Saudi Arabia.
Routes MENA will become part of the global Routes portfolio organised by UBM Live, which includes World Routes; Routes Asia; Routes Europe; Routes Americas; Routes CIS/Silk Road; Routes Africa and Routesonline.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
About Bahrain Airport Company (BAC)
- Bahrain Airport Company (BAC) was established in 2008 with the mandate of developing Bahrain International Airport (BIA). A key role is to deliver enhanced and expanded capacity and infrastructure to accommodate future growth. BAC also manages the operations and commercial aspects of the airport. For more information visit: Web: http://www.bahrainairport.com
SOURCE: UBM Live Routes Ltd
For further information: Bahrain Airport Company Media Contact: Afrah Faraj, Corporate Communications Officer Tel: (+973) 17353261, Email: Corporate.Communications@bac.bh : For further press information please contact: Victoria Jones, Communications Manager, Routes, T: +44(0)161-234-2730, E: email@example.com