Carrier commemorates milestone by giving away 100 free tickets* to Honolulu
BELLINGHAM, Wash., Feb. 24, 2012 /CNW/ - Alaska Airlines and its sister carrier, Horizon Air, are celebrating 25 years of service to Bellingham International Airport this month. To commemorate the milestone anniversary, Alaska Airlines is partnering with five area radio stations to give away* 50 pairs of tickets between Bellingham and Honolulu.
"We're excited to celebrate our one-year anniversary of offering low fares and great service from Bellingham to Honolulu, along a quarter century of flying from Bellingham to other destinations, by treating Whatcom County and Lower Mainland residents with free airfare to the beautiful beaches of Oahu," said Joe Sprague, Alaska Airlines' vice president of marketing.
According to Department of Transportation data, Alaska Airlines consistently offered the lowest airfare to Hawaii of any carrier serving the West Coast. **
Residents of Whatcom County and the Lower Mainland can learn more about the Honolulu ticket give-away by tuning in to their local radio stations. The following stations will give away tickets daily:
- Feb. 26 to March 11: JACK 96.9 FM
- Feb. 27 to March 12: KAFE 104.1 FM
- Feb. 27 to March 12: KISM 92.9 FM
- Feb. 27 to March 12: KGMI 790 AM
- Feb. 27 to March 12: KPUG 1170 AM
Alaska Airlines offers customers daily service from Bellingham to Honolulu and Las Vegas, as well as six daily flights to Seattle operated by Horizon Air. Horizon will also begin nonstop service this summer between Bellingham and Portland, Ore., starting June 4.
Alaska and Horizon customers receive a variety of amenities at no extra charge. These include online ticket purchases, advance seat selection, complimentary inflight water, soft drinks, Starbucks coffee and tea, and first class seating on Alaska's Boeing 737 aircraft. On Hawaii flights, customers are also offered a complimentary Mai Tai and a passion-orange-guava blend juice.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group (NYSE: ALK), together serve 90 cities through an expansive network in Alaska, the Lower 48, Hawaii, Canada and Mexico. Alaska Airlines ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Traditional Network Carriers" in the J.D. Power and Associates 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 North America Airline Satisfaction Studies(SM). For reservations, visit www.alaskaair.com. For more news and information, visit the Alaska Airlines/Horizon Air Newsroom at www.alaskaair.com/newsroom.
* Free ticket offer restrictions: Travel is valid within/between Bellingham and Honolulu (nonstop). Travel must be complete by March 1, 2013. Blackout dates: Nov. 16-26, 2012, and Dec. 20 through Jan. 4, 2013. Travel is valid solely on Alaska Airlines flights. Changes to itinerary cannot be made without authorization from issuer and without service fees. Standard baggage fees apply; see our checked baggage policy and flight schedules at www.alaskaair.com for more details. Mileage Plan accrual not allowed. First class paid upgrades are allowed. Prize is void if bartered, lost or sold. For complete terms and conditions, visit www.alaskaair.com.
** Based on average fares, excluding non-revenue tickets, from the West Coast (California, Oregon and Washington) to Hawaii, according to U.S. Department of Transportation data for the year ending June 30, 2011.
SOURCE Alaska Airlines
For further information:
CONTACT: Bobbie Egan, Alaska Airlines, +1-206-392-5101