Video: Designed exclusively for fitness professionals and fitness consumers alike, the canfitpro world fitness expo brings together the world’s most leading-edge fitness education, presenters, celebrities, ...
B-Roll:Attendees can choose from over 400 sessions of leading-edge fitness education in personal training, group fitness, mind-body, nutrition, active ageing, club business and more. The Expo Hall also offers ...
Broadcast video to support this story is available to download here: http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7596851-cnw-vod/
TORONTO, Aug. 11, 2015 /CNW/ - Fitness professionals, business owners, and fitness enthusiasts will learn the latest workout trends, sample healthy foods and test fitness equipment during the annual canfitpro world fitness expo Friday, August 14 and Saturday, August 15, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
The world fitness expo feature presentations from leading experts in fitness, wellness and health living, as well as more than 200,000 square feet of exhibits, competitions, and over 200 North American fitness, health and wellness companies.
Some world fitness expo topics and presenters include:
- The evolution of Paleo: Dr. Loren Cordain, Professor Emeritus, Department of Health and Exercise Science, Colorado State University and Author of The Paleo Diet™
- Aging backwards: Miranda Esmonde-White, founder of Montreal-based Essentrics and author of Aging Backwards
- Train like a recruit: Sergeant Kenneth Weichert, Operation Fit to Fight, six-time U.S. Army Soldier of the Year, and highly decorated combat veteran. He's trained over 500,000 soldiers and civilians through Operation Fit to Fight.
- Staying active as you age: Colin Milner, CEO, International Council on Active Aging
- Hollywood workout trends: Eric Fleishman, Hollywood physique expert. 'Eric the Trainer' specializes in total body transformation using 3 key components: diet, exercise and sleep. Some of Eric's well-known clients include Kirstie Alley, Brendan Fehr (CSI Miami, Roswell), Celebrity Chef Robert Irvine and Patrick Schwartzenegger (Arnold's son)
Try the newest workout trends, including:
- POUND– Rockout. Workout™: A drumming workout that includes weighted drumsticks called Ripstix.
- Kelani: Polynesian inspired workout that will have your hips swaying to tropical beats
- Joga (Yoga for jocks): Joga improves both strength and flexibility, emulating the cadence of athletic movement. Often described as "pre-habilitation and rehabilitation," it's perfect for the professional or weekend warrior.
- Piloxing®: The power, speed, and agility of boxing meets the targeted sculpting and flexibility of pilates in this incredible muscle-toning workout.
Test out the latest in fitness equipment and gear, such as:
- Props athletic gloves: Gloves that help you grip weights, do push ups and wipe sweat all at once.
- Real Ryder cycles: Spin bikes that lean and tilt for a real bike experience
- Fitness fashions: The latest in fitness wear, from high tech sneakers to performance yoga and fitness wear to the fastest running gear from companies including Reebok, SKECHERS, Lolëwomen, Saucony and more.
Friday, August 14, 2015, 11:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, August 15, 2015, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Show schedules for Friday and Saturday are available here:
Media can register at:
Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building (222 Bremner Blvd.)
Interview & photo requests: To arrange an interview with a health/fitness/wellness expert or company attending the world fitness expo, please email email@example.com to arrange an interview time on Friday or Saturday as scheduling permits.
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro's over 100,000 members include some of the world's finest fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers. www.canfitpro.com
SOURCE Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (canfitpro)
Video with caption: "Video: Designed exclusively for fitness professionals and fitness consumers alike, the canfitpro world fitness expo brings together the world’s most leading-edge fitness education, presenters, celebrities, competitions, and the biggest Expo Hall in Canada.". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20150811_C4953_VIDEO_EN_475144.mp4&posterurl=http%3a%2f%2fphotos.newswire.ca%2fimages%2f20150811_C4953_PHOTO_EN_475144.jpg&order=1&jdd=20150811&cnum=C4953
Video with caption: "B-Roll:Attendees can choose from over 400 sessions of leading-edge fitness education in personal training, group fitness, mind-body, nutrition, active ageing, club business and more. The Expo Hall also offers education, shopping, demos, and workouts from over 200 fitness, health and wellness companies.". Video available at: http://stream1.newswire.ca/cgi-bin/playback.cgi?file=20150811_C4953_VIDEO_EN_475155.mp4&posterurl=http%3a%2f%2fphotos.newswire.ca%2fimages%2f20150811_C4953_PHOTO_EN_475155.jpg&order=2&jdd=20150811&cnum=C4953
Image with caption: "The world fitness expo is an event for fitness professionals, business owners/managers, and fitness consumers alike. The best in the industry come together in Toronto for a full weekend of learning and networking. (CNW Group/Canadian Fitness Professionals Inc. (canfitpro))". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150811_C4953_PHOTO_EN_475115.jpg
For further information: Media Contacts: Holly Dunn, Dunn & Associates Communications and Public Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org, Mobile: 902-266-3866; Erin Andersen, communications and media manager, email@example.com, canfitpro, CANADIAN FITNESS PROFESSIONALS1-800-667-5622 x228