Join dignitaries and special guests as they travel through a 150-shaped activity course
TORONTO, Jan. 4, 2017 /CNW/ - It's time to get moving! After almost half a million votes and submissions from Canadians, ParticipACTION is ready to reveal the ParticipACTION 150 Play List with a celebratory event in Toronto. With help from a few Olympians, dignitaries and special guests will have their hand at checking off a few activities on the list while travelling through a 150-shaped activity course. Curling? Stick pull? Wheelchair racing? Come and find out!
The ParticipACTION 150 Play List is the ultimate list of 150 physical activities that define us as Canadian. The Toronto event will be the first of 100 events taking place across Canada in 2017, encouraging Canadians to try out as many activities on the list as possible.
We hope you will join us for this visually-appealing and unique photo opportunity as ParticipACTION leaps into high gear, inspiring Canadians to sit less and move more.
Canadians can visit www.participACTION.com/150 for more information, to sign up and win some great prizes!
- The Honourable Carla Qualtrough, Minister of Sport and Persons with Disabilities
- Kamal Khera, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Health
- The Honourable Elizabeth Dowdeswell, Lieutenant Governor of Ontario
- Elio Antunes, President and CEO, ParticipACTION
- Sara Hennessey, ParticipACTION 150 Play List Ambassador and Canadian comedian
- Mary Desjardins, AVP Philanthropy & Sponsorship , Manulife
- Laura Pacey, Brand Director, Chevrolet
- Chethan Lakshman, VP Communications and Public Relations at Shaw Communications
- Photo opportunity that reveals the ParticipACTION 150 Play List through a visually compelling, 150-shaped activity course
- The course will reveal all physical activities that made the ParticipACTION 150 Play List through icons and fun facts
- The course will feature five activities from the ParticipACTION 150 Play List that participants can try out with help from some special guests, including:
- CFL player Chad Owens
- Olympic silver medalist in curling Cheryl Bernard
- Olympic bronze medalist in soccer Allysha Chapman
- Canadian sprinter Sam Effah
- Paralympic bronze medalist in sledge hockey Tyler McGrego
- Former CFL player and Tackle My Reno host Sebastian Clovi
- Photo opportunities include:
- Dignitaries travelling the obstacle course with the Play List ambassador, ParticipACTION CEO Elio Antunes and kids
- Olympians and celebrity coaches teaching kids and dignitaries some "tricks of their trade"
Nathan Phillips Square
100 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON M5H 2N2
For satellite trucks, please enter media pad at Armoury St. and Chestnut St.
Friday, January 6, 2017
10:15 a.m.: Media registration located at the entrance of the activity course
10:30 – 10:40 a.m.: informal remarks and ceremonial reveal of the ParticipACTION 150 Play List
10:40 – 11 a.m.: photo opportunities; one-on-one interviews to follow
For further information: To RSVP, pre-book an interview or for more information, please contact: Kaitlin Marrin, Hill+Knowlton Strategies, W: (416) 413-4565, M: (905) 616-0385, Kaitlin.email@example.com; Katherine Janson, ParticipACTION, W: (416) 913-1471, M: (647) 717-8674, kjanson@participACTION.com